The Student Room Group

Failed my practical

Hey, so today I failed my first attempt of my practical test which means I'll have to retake it. I think the main reason I failed was because I was so nervous and so kept making stupid mistakes.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of any ways that I can get rid of my nerves so I can pass please!?

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
have surgery to remove all of your nerves if you really wan't to get rid of them..

you're welcome
Reply 2
Take beta blockers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmaJW
Hey, so today I failed my first attempt of my practical test which means I'll have to retake it. I think the main reason I failed was because I was so nervous and so kept making stupid mistakes.

So I was wondering, does anyone know of any ways that I can get rid of my nerves so I can pass please!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were did your major faults entail? IT could just be a matter of checking your mirrors more carefully :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I failed on left reverse but it was on control not my observation. I just over estimated the turn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
And i had rescue remedy too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Change your driving instructor. Learn to drive properly. Nerves will go if u can drive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by EmmaJW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Emma, I failed my test on Tuesday due to a driver not indicating properly at a roundabout (not at all) and me moving forward, was aware of his presence but was creeping forward. The examiner deemed it unsafe and I failed. Thought it was unfair at the time, still do now, but I know I was in the wrong.

Enough about me, I did pretty well on the test excusing that matter, only got 4 minors. A big reason I was able to do so was because I managed to stay calm. What you have to do is be confident in your own ability - know that you're in control. Think of the test like another lesson, picture the fact that you're taking your mum shopping! lol, you also need to make the examiner see your confidence. This can be done by talking to him/her, explaining what you're doing and why, say for my example of how I failed; if I had stayed behind the dashed lines and said to the examiner "The car has no indicators on, I don't know where he's going, I'm going to wait until he passes" he'll know that I'm aware of the danger and that even if I am hesitating, there's a good reason for it.

That's all you really can do, you know, be confident in your actions and in your mind, your hands and feet and your mouth.

It could also help if you brought someone who can give you moral support, depends if you think that'll make things worse or not to be honest.

Try and get as much driving done with different people so that when it comes to the test, it doesn't matter who is in the car and it's all natural for you!

Hope this helps and I wish you luck in the future, see you on the road :wink:
Reply 8
Thanks, that helps loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww i feel for you so did I last week it's really frustrating i had 3 minors and one major so I was really close i messed up on the last roundabout too oh well this tome next yer i will have a licence
Original post by Study_Guru
Hey Emma, I failed my test on Tuesday due to a driver not indicating properly at a roundabout (not at all) and me moving forward, was aware of his presence but was creeping forward. The examiner deemed it unsafe and I failed. Thought it was unfair at the time, still do now, but I know I was in the wrong.

Enough about me, I did pretty well on the test excusing that matter, only got 4 minors. A big reason I was able to do so was because I managed to stay calm. What you have to do is be confident in your own ability - know that you're in control. Think of the test like another lesson, picture the fact that you're taking your mum shopping! lol, you also need to make the examiner see your confidence. This can be done by talking to him/her, explaining what you're doing and why, say for my example of how I failed; if I had stayed behind the dashed lines and said to the examiner "The car has no indicators on, I don't know where he's going, I'm going to wait until he passes" he'll know that I'm aware of the danger and that even if I am hesitating, there's a good reason for it.

That's all you really can do, you know, be confident in your actions and in your mind, your hands and feet and your mouth.

It could also help if you brought someone who can give you moral support, depends if you think that'll make things worse or not to be honest.

Try and get as much driving done with different people so that when it comes to the test, it doesn't matter who is in the car and it's all natural for you!

Hope this helps and I wish you luck in the future, see you on the road :wink:

that's how I failed too but I had 3 minors not 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending