The Student Room Group

Should i apply/will i get into imperial?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe1545
How the **** are you predicted A*AA when getting BBCC at AS, I got AABB at AS and am only predicted AAA.. Over predicted much?

my referee is going to explain the progress i have made, i don't believe i am a "B" or "C" grade student and ill prove that this year
How the heck did you manage to get predicted that? I doubt Imperial would believe that those grades are anywhere near realistic.
Reply 22
Original post by nemesis inferno
my referee is going to explain the progress i have made, i don't believe i am a "B" or "C" grade student and ill prove that this year

Mate, but in all seriousness, you'll be in competition with hundreads of students who achieved AAAB and better at AS, and the admissions tutor will most likely pick someone who achieved this first time then someone who didnt. And its all well and good saying you've improved dramatically, you probably have. But the admissions tutor only recognises you by you're PS, and many of the AAAA students will have pretty good Ps's as well.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Speaking as a teacher myself, I have to hope that they have justified their predictions in the reference, and from what you say it sounds as if they have, but the fact remains that Imperial is going to be overwhelmed by applicants who got AAAA at AS. Even though I'd be very proud of you for turning it around like this and in an ideal world, admissions tutors would recognise that for the achievement it is, the fact is they don't have to recognise this kind of achievement when they've got applications from people who got it the first time.

Hi, the problem is I know I have the capability to get at least A*AA this year, so feel as though I shouldn't apply to more than 1 uni at ABB or less... at the moment I cant apply to imperial beacuse i'll probably get rejected... I hope you understand how I feel, I feel like applying anyway and actually give it a shot...
If you really want to go to imperial apply, if you don't get in (probably) but get A*AA on results day maybe see if they have places in adjustment (unlikely) or take a gap year and reapply.
yh i see, im doing civil, could you please provide me with the link to that page? i tried to change it at the top but it wouldnt work

http://university.which.co.uk/imperial-college-london-i50/civil-engineering-4-years-9000-h201-38472
Hi, the problem is I know I have the capability to get at least A*AA this year, so feel as though I shouldn't apply to more than 1 uni at ABB or less... at the moment I cant apply to imperial beacuse i'll probably get rejected... I hope you understand how I feel, I feel like applying anyway and actually give it a shot...

As I said, if it's your only risky application, give it a shot. You'd probably be better off taking a gap year and applying with the grades in hand, though.
Original post by x__justmyluck
If you really want to go to imperial apply, if you don't get in (probably) but get A*AA on results day maybe see if they have places in adjustment (unlikely) or take a gap year and reapply.

hi, thanks for the advice... i dont think imperial do adjustment.. only way is to SMASH THIS YEAR and apply the year after...hmm i could still apply for oxbridge actually
Reply 28
Nope.

Your predicted grades are outrageous, ICL will probably blacklist your school.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
As I said, if it's your only risky application, give it a shot. You'd probably be better off taking a gap year and applying with the grades in hand, though.

sorry to bug you again, but about that... im also applying to UCL (so kind of risky aswell) do you think they will give me a decent look at?
Original post by Mike_123
Nope.

Your predicted grades are outrageous, ICL will probably blacklist your school.

Lol a little harsh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

for GCSE i got: 5A's 6B's

for AS I got: BBCC

for A2 im predicted :A*AA

should I apply for engineering at imperial/ would I get in???

Thank You Guys

Can I ask you what other universities you're applying to and their requirements? If you don't mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry to bug you again, but about that... im also applying to UCL (so kind of risky aswell) do you think they will give me a decent look at?

I'd think the same applies, tbh.
Reply 33
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Lol a little harsh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harsh reality

the world is cruel
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Can I ask you what other universities you're applying to and their requirements? If you don't mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL AAA,
Brunel ABB
Birmingham AAB
Cityuniversity london-B in mathematics or coventry ABB (cant decide between the 2 want to send off ucas tommorow)

considering SURREY aswell- AAA or ABB
UCL AAA,
Brunel ABB
Birmingham AAB
Cityuniversity london-B in mathematics or coventry ABB (cant decide between the 2 want to send off ucas tommorow)

considering SURREY aswell- AAA or ABB

I'm not sure, if I were you I'd have 3 options at ABB (probably one at BBB in fact), one at AAB and one at AAA.

But as I said it's you're choice, your future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Any reason you got BBCC when you're so clearly an A*AA student? They'll want reasons as to why you couldn't get As first time round, like so many other applicants.
Reply 37
Hi everyone,

for GCSE i got: 5A's 6B's

for AS I got: BBCC

for A2 im predicted :A*AA

should I apply for engineering at imperial/ would I get in???

Thank You Guys

I got better as grades than you but worse predictions than you. Why so high
hi, thanks for the advice... i dont think imperial do adjustment.. only way is to SMASH THIS YEAR and apply the year after...hmm i could still apply for oxbridge actually

Definitely wait for your grades before you consider oxbridge, don't plan to apply next year and get your hopes up yet. I'm not sure if Cambridge ask for module results from students who have their full A levels but they may and that would let you down. Also, they don't really like people who apply for maths based courses to have a gap year so not sure if engineering is one of those subjects.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Seems like you truly believe you can get those grades so if I were you, I'd just take a gap year and reapply. Seems like the best scenario.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending