The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And you are 21?
Get some real friends - don't buy them.
Reply 21
They have been my friends since when i was young, I didnt buy them! stop picking on me, give me some advice pz
ffs you guys
Reply 22
dont pay for them if they were true friends then they would at least offer to pay sometimes i mean im not rich but compared to some of my friends i am n i lend them money all the time and most of the time i dont expect them to pay it back but they do. and as for the clothes thing people who wear labels are automatically thought of as rich you dont need to dress scruffy dress the same but just dont buy branded stuff and when you go to uni it will be a lot easier to create a different image of how you want people to perceive you even if you do wear the same clothes you just dont pay for stuff for them where as your friends at the moment expect this as part of the package from you
it doesn't speak much for you if you think this a problem. You do realise that your friends jealousy was mentioned in a sentence followed by what you drive and wear. People are going to be jealous, yeah so what get over it, i'd rather have the benz and have people jealous of me. If you;re that concerned go find some friends who are richer than you, problem solved.
Reply 24
Tell them your offended by what they say, be honest. If they joke at your expense all the time tell them that it does, and say to them that a lil joke is alright but constantly,it's not appreciated and I would expect it fro you.

As far as paying for the tickets, drinks . Your not obligated too , just get the tickets when you get there and pay for your ticket only. If they ask you to get the drinks in all the time, you dont have to ask them straight up for money , you can just ask someone else to get in the drinks on the next round. I have to admit, it does sound like your friends like you to an extent and want to use your money more.

Honesty is the best Policy, tell them how you feel.

Latest

Trending

Trending