The Student Room Group

Sexual tension with friend

I go to an all boys school, and theres this guy who is basically my best friend, we do loads together and we're really similar- people joke and say we're like brothers, or sometimes that we're gay with each other (both of us really deny it).
We both like girls, and regularly make comments about them and who we like and are attracted to, but I just can't help feel there's some sexual tension between us- he's pretty hot and I think I do have sexual feelings for him- no idea if he feels the same but it could be likely- I know it sounds weird but we have lots of bodily contact with each other (like brushing past, and touching hands etc)
Should I tell him how I feel or just let it go?
We're planning on travelling with each other next summer, so I don't want to make it awkward and ruin it
Being gay at our school wouldn't be accepted at all, so I've no idea how tp act
Thanks
I would think it's best to keep quiet until you're travelling together and see if anything happens there. I still wouldn't say anything directly, but you may find that in an exciting new environment, so far removed from your school, you're both able to act more on your feelings and something may develop.
Original post by Musie Suzie
I would think it's best to keep quiet until you're travelling together and see if anything happens there. I still wouldn't say anything directly, but you may find that in an exciting new environment, so far removed from your school, you're both able to act more on your feelings and something may develop.

Ok…..IMO…..that is the worst possible way to do it.

If it goes wrong, then you are stuck traveling with the person for ages.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Ok…..IMO…..that is the worst possible way to do it.

If it goes wrong, then you are stuck traveling with the person for ages.

How is letting things happen naturally without forcing anything the worst possible way to do it? :curious: I am not advising OP to declare his lust openly. Perhaps you misunderstood.
(edited 10 years ago)
How is letting things happen naturally without forcing anything the worst possible way to do it? :curious: I am not advising OP to declare his lust openly. Perhaps you misunderstood.

Sorry….I meant…Doing it while they are travelling is there worst way to do it.
Sorry….I meant…Doing it while they are travelling is there worst way to do it.

Doing what, exactly? I'm still confused about your objection. :tongue: I have said he should just go travelling with the guy and see what happens.
Reply 6
So just do nothing??
Musie's right, these things kinda naturally happen if they ever do. It's very different to asking someone out, since neither the OP or the guy in question is openly bisexual/gay.
Reply 8
I think you should wait for a while to confirm if you do feel this way about him. In high school I had a phase where I had romantic feelings for someone of the same gender who I had quite a lot of physical contact with, but it passed after a few months and I've never felt like that since for a girl. I doubt I ever will again, I like guys too much!
Doing what, exactly? I'm still confused about your objection. :tongue: I have said he should just go travelling with the guy and see what happens.

I am saying….Don't do anything while travelling….Because if it goes wrong…then it will be really bad.
hey man, if you PM me I can give you a lot of advice on this :smile:
Reply 11
I am saying….Don't do anything while travelling….Because if it goes wrong…then it will be really bad.

Yeah, I don't want to be on a 20 hour train journey in remote Asia after that conversation had gone badly...
If you can trust him, maybe come out to him and go by his reaction?
Can I ask what happened? I stumbled on this thread accidentally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending