The Student Room Group

Student Finance Problem PLEASE HELP!!

Hi all,

I just received a letter stating that Student Finance Wales is not going to pay my tuition fees for next year, however they paid the first instalment of this term. I started university and failed my first year, repeated, passed, started second year failed, however I took a Dyslexic test, after all assessments they found out that I have Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and a visual perceptual problem. I passed majority of modules in second year just barely, so my module leader said that I could resit the year and send confirmation to Student Finance Wales stating my issue. Too be honest I gave up with university but now with all this support I'm receiving i find it so much easier . Now this letter has just made me worry, and with Christmas break there's no one i could contact to find out what I can do!! My maintenance loan is £3898 and have to pay £3468, which I cannot do, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't of started the year. What can I do? can I plea a case or just quit University? I'm quite worried considering I have partially completed assessments for next term and now this!!

Any replies would be helpful
thanks
Reply 1
Have you formally submitted a case for Compelling Personal Reasons and had your claim rejected? That would be the only way to have your funding entitlement reinstated for the years you failed.

It's not just a matter of sending the info to SFW. There's a formal procedure that you need to follow, so that your diagnosed problems are recognised as the reasons for your repeated failure.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Have you formally submitted a case for Compelling Personal Reasons and had your claim rejected? That would be the only way to have your funding entitlement reinstated for the years you failed.

It's not just a matter of sending the info to SFW. There's a formal procedure that you need to follow, so that your diagnosed problems are recognised as the reasons for your repeated failure.

Thanks for the reply!

No I haven't I only received the letter today, rung SFW up and they said no one can talk to you until Monday. Is there a website with this information on or just ring up SFW on Monday?

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Jakesansom19
No I haven't I only received the letter today, rung SFW up and they said no one can talk to you until Monday. Is there a website with this information on or just ring up SFW on Monday?

I can't see anything relevent on the SFW website.

This is some general information from Northumbria Uni, which might give you an idea of what's involved:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/sspdf/CPR.pdf

I think calling on Monday is your only way forward, as it's SFW who will have to sort it out.
Reply 4
Original post by Klix88
I can't see anything relevent on the SFW website.

This is some general information from Northumbria Uni, which might give you an idea of what's involved:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/sspdf/CPR.pdf

I think calling on Monday is your only way forward, as it's SFW who will have to sort it out.

Thanks!

Yeah I'll have to sort it out Monday, just don't understand why they paid first term now saying all this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending