The Student Room Group

Looking in the UK for universities- good areas?

Hey guys, so I'm at a Cambridge school in South Africa and am currently doing my A levels so that I can get into a university in England.

I don't know much about the different areas in England, and all university websites are able to make their campuses look attractive, which can be deceiving.
I have quite good results and would just like some recommendations to which universities would be good to look into. I'm hoping to go into economics and would love to go to a university that will be easy to settle into.

Thanks very much! :smile:
Most overseas students find our 'campus' Unis easier to cope with than the more 'traditional' ones that tend to be strung out across big cities. The campus Unis tend to be smaller and have a more comfortable, supportive, 'village' feel with a much more community atmosphere.

Look at Universities like Sussex, Kent, UEA, York - they are all modern campus Unis in medium size historic towns/cities that will give you a real sense of 'English life'. The first three are within easy reach of London for days out etc. Warwick is similar and good for 'business' type subjects, though its on a green-field site not connected to Warwick itself.
Loughborough is a fairly decent university with a nice huge open campus. I'd recommend taking a look into that, if you're aiming for a high ranking campus feeling uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending