The Student Room Group
Mr power
I'm thinking of applying for pharmacy/chemistry. I was just wondering what are good books to read in order to write about on the personal statement. I know new scientist is one but any other views?

a brief history of time - stephen hawkins. a bit boring but very sciency
Reply 2
thanks man, btw whats this book aboiut?
from the back:

"was there a beginning of time? could time run backwards? is the universe infinate or does it have boundries? these are just some of the questions considered in an internationally acclaimed masterpiece which begins by reviewing the great theories of the cosmos from newton to einstein, before delveing into the secrets which still lie at the heart of space and time"
Reply 4
ah right ok thanks, how does that relate to pharmacy though.
well chemistry (and science more impotantly) could find the answers to some of these problems
Reply 6
ah right kewl, btw do you do pharmacy.
nope. psychology mate
Reply 8
o right kewl.
Its not really necessary to read loads of books like that, but if you want to read something, make it the Pharmaceutical Journal.

You'll then be able to write about issues currently in the news regarding pharmacy.
Reply 10
thanks for ur reply, where can i find this journal?
http://www.pharmj.com - it's published weekly on the website
Reply 12
so i can say on my ps i read the pharamcy journal which helped me to...?
You could be more discreet and just write about something you've read or as interview fodder for later.
Reply 14
'Biological Science' and 'NewScientist' do have something on pharmacy/pharmacology sometimes...

Latest

Trending

Trending