Electronics and electrical engineering

[video="youtube_share;oqlpas38fsU"]http://youtu.be/oqlpas38fsU[/video]

Incase you didnt see this :tongue:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Original post by a10
That was my second choice tho ill see how much i like the electricity n magnetism module this next term, but iv always liked mech eng a lot better so ill probably stick to that. Good choice though, the department is aswome (not to mention the welcome mini party for engineering n informatics students only :wink: )

If i want to change the course can i so instead of doing electronics can i do aeronautical?
Reply 22
Original post by YourDeath
If i want to change the course can i so instead of doing electronics can i do aeronautical?

Yes you can but sussex do not offer aeronautical eng, so you could transfer to another uni that does aeronautical after the foundation year. Though to be honest an aero eng degree isnt very stable as the aerospace industry has fewer jobs and the industry is a bit bleak but not bad. I personally chose between aero and mech eng; I decided mech eng was the best choice becaz its broad and also if i ever wanted to work in the aero industry i still could and theres a better sense of job security.

The same applies with EEE you can still work in aerospace infact its quite common for people who study EEE to go into avionics or power generation for planes and work with mech and aero engineers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by a10
Yes you can but sussex do not offer aeronautical eng, so you could transfer to another uni that does aeronautical after the foundation year. Though to be honest an aero eng degree isnt very stable as the aerospace industry has fewer jobs and the industry is a bit bleak but not bad. I personally chose between aero and mech eng; I decided mech eng was the best choice becaz its broad and also if i ever wanted to work in the aero industry i still could and theres a better sense of job security.

The same applies with EEE you can still work in aerospace infact its quite common for people who study EEE to go into avionics or power generation for planes and work with mech and aero engineers.

I might as well stick with EEE. Also do you live on campus or live in brighton?
Reply 24
I might as well stick with EEE. Also do you live on campus or live in brighton?

campus: Northfield
Reply 25
Original post by a10
campus: Northfield

Ok:thumbsup:. When do you move in because i noticed that the course starts quite early on the 17/09/14. Also do you think it will be easy for me to make friends( i dont drink)
Reply 26
Ok:thumbsup:. When do you move in because i noticed that the course starts quite early on the 17/09/14. Also do you think it will be easy for me to make friends( i dont drink)

I don't drink either (except on special occasions I have the occasional wine, or a small glass of beer), and have met a lot of good friends and had a very enjoyable term. There seems to be this feeling like we all in it together to be successful and everyone works hard as a team (you also get put into teams for other modules so you get to work with others).

Move in is generally 14/15th though you can come later if you wish. The first few weeks start really slow and its just easing you into uni life then after about 2 weeks or so the course pace kicks in and you start going very fast (covering 3 or 4 different topics in one lecture). It has definitely been very enjoyable and I cant wait to go back for the new term, though i should really be revising now lol :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by a10
I don't drink either (except on special occasions I have the occasional wine, or a small glass of beer), and have met a lot of good friends and had a very enjoyable term. There seems to be this feeling like we all in it together to be successful and everyone works hard as a team (you also get put into teams for other modules so you get to work with others).

Move in is generally 14/15th though you can come later if you wish. The first few weeks start really slow and its just easing you into uni life then after about 2 weeks or so the course pace kicks in and you start going very fast (covering 3 or 4 different topics in one lecture). It has definitely been very enjoyable and I cant wait to go back for the new term, though i should really be revising now lol :tongue:

Thats good then. The accomodation for sussex is quite expensive in comparison with other places but i guess there not much i can do. i plan on living at stanmer court as it has the cheapest ensuite room. also its close to the train station which i will be using regulalry to come from london and back.
Reply 28
Thats good then. The accomodation for sussex is quite expensive in comparison with other places but i guess there not much i can do. i plan on living at stanmer court as it has the cheapest ensuite room. also its close to the train station which i will be using regulalry to come from london and back.

Ahh they are quite a bit of the med students that live in stanmer court, and a few of my engineering fy colleagues! Good luck with your studies, if you have any more questions or specific questions about the modules or the uni feel free to pm me :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by a10
Ahh they are quite a bit of the med students that live in stanmer court, and a few of my engineering fy colleagues! Good luck with your studies, if you have any more questions or specific questions about the modules or the uni feel free to pm me :smile:

Sure thing. Besides i need to get back to revison, i've used up too much of your time. Thanks for the help
Reply 30
How long does it take for a reply back from Sussex after sending off the UCAS? I'm still waiting....
Reply 31
I got mine in 9 days but then again i sent it off in early december. Just wait now because 95% of people have applied, theyre just receiving all the applications.

Quick Reply

Latest