The Student Room Group

Girl regretting NOT showing interest?

Poll

Which action do you take?

Ok, so say you meet a girl, you spend lots of time with her, and eventually you try to flirt with her.

She doesn't show any interest at all, and you give up and go away. A month or two later down the line, she adds you on facebook/whatever, and desperately starts trying to chat you up.

Im interested to hear on TSRs opinions:

A) Would you ignore her? She had her chance, she ruined it, you are not some second class citizen who she can get at any time.

B) Who cares, she's interested in me, I'll try again, let's get together again.

Which do you choose? If other, explain in thread.
Reply 1
Slightly unlikely scenario. But hypothetically, it depends how much you fancied the pants off her in the first place. If your smitten of course you'd have another go. Otherwise, who can say.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Go for it. There could've been any number of reasons she didn't show interest in the beginning, and it's not like every love story ever told starts with "John and Julie met. They got married".
somewhere in the middle of the two options

reply but be distant about it
Reply 4
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Ok, so say you meet a girl, you spend lots of time with her, and eventually you try to flirt with her.

She doesn't show any interest at all, and you give up and go away. A month or two later down the line, she adds you on facebook/whatever, and desperately starts trying to chat you up.

Im interested to hear on TSRs opinions:

A) Would you ignore her? She had her chance, she ruined it, you are not some second class citizen who she can get at any time.

B) Who cares, she's interested in me, I'll try again, let's get together again.

Which do you choose? If other, explain in thread.

As an option, if a guy in this case accepts B. He seems quite desperate and lacks a degree of self-respect. Which is more in line with option 'A': If she was not interested in you in the first place, why give someone a second chance to 'prove to you' that she can be interested. . .She either is or isn't (naturally). If something serious is what you are after, better to take option A, and find someone who wants you first time around!(considering she was single and available).
Some girls I find don't like giving guys a chance, they like the flattery of being chatted up,and its something to giggle to their friends about.
However, when they realise you're not chasing them, they secretly wonder why, what's changed in that time, how could the guy suddenly move on..... it's like their pride is hurt, so they come back to you and now it's their turn.
I don't think a guy should think anything of it, some girls realise what they have and others take some time to realise what they could potentially have, let the girl have that time to realise.
B. if you like her dont play games. She might have had a good reason for not trying it on before - dont be all clever and snooty or you'll miss this chance an then YOU might be the one with regrets.
Sometimes it takes longer than a couple of weeks for someone to develop romantic feelings for someone else, you could know someone for 5 years and not fancy them, or you could have met them twice and really hit it off, there's no way of telling. Anyway, if you still liked the person, I would go for it, if you've moved on then let it be. Also, if she felt she'd been harsh when she rejected you she might not be "desperately trying to chat you up" but might just be trying to be nice again because she didn't think the friendship ended on good terms.
Reply 8
B, but make her work for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's entirely possible that she simply wasn't interested a month or two ago and is now.
It's the whole attention thing, she likes the attention that you showed her before and misses it, she doesn't miss you, just the attention. Option A.
Reply 11
Option B
Original post by tehFrance
It's the whole attention thing, she likes the attention that you showed her before and misses it, she doesn't miss you, just the attention. Option A.

Original post by stargirl63
Some girls I find don't like giving guys a chance, they like the flattery of being chatted up,and its something to giggle to their friends about.
However, when they realise you're not chasing them, they secretly wonder why, what's changed in that time, how could the guy suddenly move on..... it's like their pride is hurt, so they come back to you and now it's their turn.
I don't think a guy should think anything of it, some girls realise what they have and others take some time to realise what they could potentially have, let the girl have that time to realise.
This is literally me right now. But I can't tell if it's the constant attention that I miss or the person. It feels like the person :frown:
Reply 13
A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending