The Student Room Group

Should I Tell My Mum??

Yo All! My mums new bf really creeps me out! We go swimming together and stuff to bond (mums idea). I noticed he was checking me out when we was changing. Should I say something like... Once I lost my trunks and next min he comes with these speedos (I nearly died) and was like these would suit you. Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Tell your mom you don't want to go swimming with him next time.
Reply 2
No matter how hard he tries to convince you, do not let him pet your pet snake! It's a trap!
Reply 3
Original post by This Honest
Tell your mom you don't want to go swimming with him next time.

Okay, should I tell her why?

Original post by SaFa1237
No matter how hard he tries to convince you, do not let him pet your pet snake! It's a trap!

I am not stupid ahah!
Original post by EoinBev
Okay, should I tell her why?

You don't have to but she'll probably ask and then I think you should be honest.

A good mum will listen and put her child first.
Reply 5
Original post by EoinBev

I am not stupid ahah!

Just making sure and looking out for you. These sort of people are very sly!
Reply 6
Original post by This Honest
You don't have to but she'll probably ask and then I think you should be honest.

A good mum will listen and put her child first.

Oh ahah! I tried once to tell her I did not like him and got money the next day aha! He is like so much younger than her :frown:

Just making sure and looking out for you. These sort of people are very sly!

He does not look like a perv tbh but I don't know ahah!
Reply 7

wtf does that mean
Reply 8
Original post by Padwas
wtf does that mean

OP, don't pet your mum's bf's trouser snake!
Reply 9
Original post by EoinBev

He does not look like a perv tbh but I don't know ahah!

But the speedo thing and checking you out whilst changing is really creepy!

Original post by Padwas
wtf does that mean

Seriously?
Original post by ct2k7

Is that husky in your avatar yours?
Reply 11
Original post by ct2k7

Hahaha! I have no intentions even for 1 mil!

Seriously?

Yah! He is like 32 and she is 45! He is one of them muscle men though! I find him really creepy tbh like if we go shopping he will always try and buy me stuff like johnnies.
Reply 12

Seriously?

yes i don't know lol
Reply 13
Original post by ct2k7

no do you mean touch his private parts
Reply 14
Original post by EoinBev

Yah! He is like 32 and she is 45! He is one of them muscle men though! I find him really creepy tbh like if we go shopping he will always try and buy me stuff like johnnies.

Have you spoken to your mum about him? Do you two get along, when your mum isn't there?

Original post by Padwas
no do you mean touch his private parts

Finally! He gets it. I feel like a proud mother! :')
Reply 15
Have you spoken to your mum about him? Do you two get along, when your mum isn't there?

okay lol sorry this new language is a little hard for me to pick up on
Reply 16
How old are you? Are you certain he was 'checking you out'? It's quite a strong thing to suggest if he wasn't - perhaps he was just passing a glance and you saw it more as a 'stare', or maybe he was just looking at you without attraction and you misunderstood it? Regarding the speedos, maybe he was just trying to be nice and helpful, I don't really see how that is perverted or creepy. It's always a bit awkward with a parent's new partner and it's easy to look for flaws and mistakes, which are made even easier to find by the fact that they often try to do too much to make you happy. But if he makes her happy, try and look at it seriously, and please realise that accusing someone of pervertedness or paedophilia, even silently, is extremely harmful! If you truly don't want to go swimming any more, just let your mum know if you find it boring or something, but would be happy to do something else with them, perhaps something that involves more clothing to keep you comfortable. Of course if you really think he is interested in you and you are underage, you need to tell your mum.
Reply 17
Original post by Padwas
okay lol sorry this new language is a little hard for me to pick up on

I didn't realise, I wasn't speaking English. Sorry! :wink:
Reply 18
To be fair, he might just be trying to get into the 'dad' role and check out how 'grown up' you are, desperately looking for scenarios he can give you 'dad' advice in. I wouldn't assume he's being a pervert, at all. I'd be worried if he becomes too touchy-feely or makes comments that make you feel uncomfortable, but not before that.
Reply 19

Yah, she tells me to stop like being a child but... We talk and have a laugh but he just makes me feel unfomfy tbh. Like I feel as if I should be in my room.

Original post by awe
How old are you? Are you certain he was 'checking you out'? It's quite a strong thing to suggest if he wasn't - perhaps he was just passing a glance and you saw it more as a 'stare', or maybe he was just looking at you without attraction and you misunderstood it? Regarding the speedos, maybe he was just trying to be nice and helpful, I don't really see how that is perverted or creepy. It's always a bit awkward with a parent's new partner and it's easy to look for flaws and mistakes, which are made even easier to find by the fact that they often try to do too much to make you happy. But if he makes her happy, try and look at it seriously, and please realise that accusing someone of pervertedness or paedophilia, even silently, is extremely harmful! If you truly don't want to go swimming any more, just let your mum know if you find it boring or something, but would be happy to do something else with them, perhaps something that involves more clothing to keep you comfortable. Of course if you really think he is interested in you and you are underage, you need to tell your mum.

He was like looking looking at my dong! I am 17 just turned so I am legal but you know. He does try and make me happy but I don't want him to buy me things to make me get on with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending