The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield: Which Accommodation is best?

Hi, I have recently accepted my offer from the University of Huddersfield as my firm (and only) choice. I hope to enroll in September 2014, God willing. Anyway, so I would like to know which accomodation you think is best, pros and cons etc. So far I've looked at Storthes & Firth Point. I like them both, my dad doesn't like Storthes as he thinks it's too far from the Uni, he has got a point..

P.S. En Suite is essential! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It really depends on your budget. Storthes is the cheapest but certainly isn't the nicest (although I think they are doing it up this summer) and it is about a 20 minute bus ride out. Also, you may have to queue a long time to get the bus to and from the uni which is no good if you're in a rush. A lot of people stay there for the social life but I've found that people tend to go into Huddersfield for nights out more and if they do want to have a night out at The Venue at Storthes then the bus is cheap enough. I'm a first year staying at Aspley Hall at the moment and it is really nice accommodation. Firth Point and Snow Island are also nice but out of the 2 I would say Snow Island is more sociable and more for first years. They are also building 2 new accommodation blocks in the centre - Saw Mill by Unite and another by 'The Student Housing Company'. These will both be really nice but as they are brand new, they are more expensive! Any questions, just ask :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
ahh, thank you. I don't really have much of a budget as my dad will be helping me out whilst I get sorted. Do Aspley Hall roomshave en suites? I like Firth point as the inrerior is fairly modern. I shall take a look at the other one you recommended. Thanks a ton. Further info on Aspley, Firth and the other are welcome. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
im in the same position, I have been looking at aspley hall and think its one of the best there. I dont like the diggs accommodation because its had some bad reviews and its not en suite.
Reply 4
yeah I feel the same. Apparently it can take up to 2 hours to get to storthes in heavy traffic. I don't want that hassle:/. I'll look at Aspley Hall. We might end up in the same hall! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DeenOverDunya
yeah I feel the same. Apparently it can take up to 2 hours to get to storthes in heavy traffic. I don't want that hassle:/. I'll look at Aspley Hall. We might end up in the same hall! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr lool
what course did u apply for??
Reply 6
Original post by cooldude17
ikr lool
what course did u apply for??

Haha, that would be so cool.
Criminology (bsc) wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Haha, that would be so cool.
Criminology (bsc) wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went for IT
Reply 8
I went for IT

sounds good! Definitely useful in today's world :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
sounds good! Definitely useful in today's world :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh im more of an IT guy u see :wink:

so im presuming ur in sixth form doing a levels
is huddersfield ur firm choice?
Reply 10
yh im more of an IT guy u see :wink:

so im presuming ur in sixth form doing a levels
is huddersfield ur firm choice?

& a psychic! Yes, I am. Currently studying Psychology, Sociology & RS. Yes it is my firm (and only) choice. I got all my offers back and decided I didn't want to go anywhere but Hudds & the requirements for my course are reasonable. How about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
& a psychic! Yes, I am. Currently studying Psychology, Sociology & RS. Yes it is my firm (and only) choice. I got all my offers back and decided I didn't want to go anywhere but Hudds & the requirements for my course are reasonable. How about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

college for me, yh its my firm choice since I had all my offers
Reply 12
college for me, yh its my firm choice since I had all my offers

At least I'll know one other person! Yaaay. Haha. How did you know I was at Sixth Form? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
At least I'll know one other person! Yaaay. Haha. How did you know I was at Sixth Form? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the way you sound, you sound like a very busy student who focuses on one topic aka crime, so I figured you would be a sixth form student lol :cool:
Reply 14
the way you sound, you sound like a very busy student who focuses on one topic aka crime, so I figured you would be a sixth form student lol :cool:

Haha, I hope that's a good thing! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Haha, I hope that's a good thing! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed it is, are u going to the open day in june?
Reply 16
No, I've already been to an open day as well as an applicant day. I just need to decide on accomodation now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
No, I've already been to an open day as well as an applicant day. I just need to decide on accomodation now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh alright
Reply 18
aspley hall accommodation is now OPEN :biggrin:
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending