The Student Room Group

Lucky ucas offers thread?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
offers from Durham and LSE and got mediocre results; i think my PS swung it for me.

what grades did you get and what did they require if you don't mind me asking? you can pm me if you're not comfortable saying them on here :smile:
CCC from York for History...

Spoiler

Original post by Secretnerd123
what grades did you get and what did they require if you don't mind me asking? you can pm me if you're not comfortable saying them on here :smile:

I got AABC at AS, LSE wants AAB and Durham wants AAA. But 1 A is in a subject I repeated (got a C initially, as I did AS history in year 11). I have come across far stronger applicants than me who got rejected so was so surprised with the offers. I got A* 8A 3B at GCSE. But when considering my school, my grades are well below average, and the unis would be aware of that. My year got on average around 7A* at GCSE and I don't know anyone that got below a C at anything at AS, and each year we get loads of successful oxbridge people. I really do think my PS and all the relevant and unusual thing i talked about is what helped me out, especially for LSE.
Original post by Ndella
May I ask what grades you got at AS?

Ugh CCDE
Reply 24
Original post by Jooooshy
Got an offer from Imperial last year. Didn't feel so lucky when it read A*A*AA :no:

For what was it and with wht grades did you apply?
Reply 25
Original post by Greekgeekable
Ugh CCDE

Wow! Well done though, you must have had a strong PS :smile: I'm applying for an ABB course which I know I could achieve if I work hard, however my teachers were stingy on the predicted grades - didnt even bother to raise them by 1 grade :angry:
Original post by Ndella
Wow! Well done though, you must have had a strong PS :smile: I'm applying for an ABB course which I know I could achieve if I work hard, however my teachers were stingy on the predicted grades - didnt even bother to raise them by 1 grade :angry:

Yeah I literally had to go behind one of my teachers back to get the head of sixth form to raise one one of my grades. It was crazy!
I'm also reciting some of my modules!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by GMT
For what was it and with wht grades did you apply?

Nosey! You a prospective student waiting for an offer or something?
Mine was University of Liverpool which was ABB for Law with Criminology and I got BBBC in AS so I was really pleased about it. Also really happy that I got all 5 offers as well so I was able to choose. :smile:
Reply 29
Nosey! You a prospective student waiting for an offer or something?

Nearly, I've got an offer from Imperial for Civil Engineering :smile:
So, will you answer? Where are you studying?
(edited 10 years ago)
Mine is Liverpool University.
Reply 31
Original post by GMT
Nearly, I've got an offer from Imperial for Civil Engineering :smile:
So, will you answer? Where are you studying?

Ah congratulations! I'm studying at Oxford currently. Had (when I applied last year) A* in A-level maths, AAA in AS bio, chem and English lit when I applied!

What're your requirements?
Reply 32
Ah congratulations! I'm studying at Oxford currently. Had (when I applied last year) A* in A-level maths, AAA in AS bio, chem and English lit when I applied!

What're your requirements?

Congratulations :wink:
I got rejected by Oxford, must have screwed the PAT or have poor AS/GCSEs, or a combination... no idea XD.
My offer is A*-Maths, A-Physics.
What are you studying?
Reply 33
Original post by GMT
Congratulations :wink:
I got rejected by Oxford, must have screwed the PAT or have poor AS/GCSEs, or a combination... no idea XD.
My offer is A*-Maths, A-Physics.
What are you studying?

Just two A-levels?! The PAT is apparently horrible.

I'm studying computer science!
Reply 34
Just two A-levels?! The PAT is apparently horrible.

I'm studying computer science!

I've done too many AS Levels and I think that's why they gave me a 2 subject offer (and I've already got an A* in A2 Spanish, but I'm Spanish so I don't think it counts). I did Physics, Maths, Business Studies, French, ICT and Geography AS Levels.
And I plan to continue with Maths, Physics and Business Studies.

The PAT past papers I'd done went really well (though, there aren't any official mark schemes :P), but I must have screwed the exam.

P.D. I've been told computer science is pretty tough... especially in Oxford where I imagine it must be very maths based.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by GMT
I've done too many AS Levels and I think that's why they gave me a 2 subject offer (and I've already got an A* in A2 Spanish, but I'm Spanish so I don't think it counts). I did Physics, Maths, Business Studies, French, ICT and Geography AS Levels.
And I plan to continue with Maths, Physics and Business Studies.

The PAT past papers I'd done went really well (though, there aren't any official mark schemes :P), but I must have screwed the exam.

P.D. I've been told computer science is pretty tough... especially in Oxford where I imagine it must be very maths based.

Holy **** that's a lot of AS levels! Ah well, better to look forwards than backwards!
Reply 36
Holy **** that's a lot of AS levels! Ah well, better to look forwards than backwards!

Yes. Let's see if I manage to get the A* in Maths. My teacher believes in me, but I'm not very confident in that I'll get it...
Reply 37
Original post by GMT
Yes. Let's see if I manage to get the A* in Maths. My teacher believes in me, but I'm not very confident in that I'll get it...

I'm sure you will! :tongue:
Reply 38
I'm sure you will! :tongue:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Ndella

omg that' what happened to me too!!

I didn't do well in my Unit 2 exams last summer so I dropped from A's to C's so I got CCC...and they predicted me CCC?! The rascals
And I was a handful of UMS off of B's for all of them, crazy
Had to beg my teacher and so now I'm predicted BCC...for a course that wants ABB/BBB

Anyway, all the best to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending