The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

2014 adult nursing at magee university of ulster

Hi there I'm just starting a forum on any prospective student hoping to start nursing sept 14 at UU . It would just be nice to get chatting with others that are going through the same process. It's a great opportunity to get to know other candidates and a great way to support each other also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello there, I am also hoping to start adult nursing in Sep 2014. My UCAS application has already been sent off and i have already been invited for an interview at two of the Universities i have applied to.I am very nervous about the interview.
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there I am currently completing my ps for entry into UU and was wondering if anyone would offer me some advice please & thank you.
Hi guys. So glad to have some company now lol. :smile: Where are your interviews for? I'm in the same boat chick I'm struggling with my ps. What unis have yous guys applied to? I'm only applying to ulster this year. Do yous have any experience? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am a third year nursing student at magee so my advice in the personal statement would be to include every achievement you have ever gotten. It is important that you stand out as the odds of getting in are not great! in interviews talk about communication, ethics, person centered care, holism etc. Good luck!!
Thanks for your input Eaddoin1993. I'm waiting for my reference and then off my application goes... I hope I have done enough as I agree with you, the competition is immense! What branch are you studying? Are you close by to to campus?? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roisin10
Hi there I am currently completing my ps for entry into UU and was wondering if anyone would offer me some advice please & thank you.

Hey Roisin did you get ur ps done and sent off?? Was just re-reading posts there. Are u applying for 14 entry ? And what branch are u applying for . My name is Angela by the way lol xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Hope2014 how are u? My name is Angela. Congratulation on getting two interviews! Where are they for? I know how u feel I'm extremely nervous about the whole process. Haven't a clue what to expect it's scary but exciting at the prospect. Are u here in NI? Looking forward to hearing back from u xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi, Ive applied for the Nursing as well, 3rd year in a row now:/ Patiently-ish waiting around to see if I got interview haha
Hey there Jacklyn93. My name us Angela. Lol I know in the same boat here lol. It's not good for the old nerves. Aww really that's a pity but I commend you on applying again. Hopefully this is your year! Did u get offered an interview last two times u had applied? What branch have u applied to study and where are u from? What unis have u applied to this year? I am from Bangor and have applied to do Adult nursing at magee only. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi Angela, my names Jacklyn. Yea hopefully, I will be applying again and again til I get it haha. The first time I got an interview in London but no offer and last year no interview, I was doing the access course at the time in Derry, didn't make it any easier to finish the course haha. I'm from Dublin, and I've only applied for Magee as well, I have family up there so I'd prefer to move somewhere I was familiar with:/ Have u ever gotten an inter before?
Reply 11
Oh and Im trying for Adult nursing as well:biggrin:
Reply 12
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie on here. I've applied for adult nursing at UU too. Waiting patiently for an email to say I've an interview.
*Crossing all fingers and toes!*
Hi all :smile:
Applied for Adult also... patience wearing thin waiting!..
Hope we start to hear something soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
If i remember correctly, which i wouldnt bet on, it was around feb when everyone started to hear from them....i think:/
Reply 15
Original post by Jacklyn93
If i remember correctly, which i wouldnt bet on, it was around feb when everyone started to hear from them....i think:/

Did you get an offered to attend an interview via email last year?
Reply 16
Original post by Midnurse
Did you get an offered to attend an interview via email last year?

No I didn't get an interview:frown: But u do get an email to say something has changed with ure application then u go on to track to see what it is
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
No I didn't get an interview:frown: But u do get an email to say something has changed with ure application then u go on to track to see what it is

Oh no! I was lucky to get an interview last year, but never got offered a place. It's so disheartening, here's hoping this year is the year! :smile:
Reply 18
Aw, yea it really is. How did u find it? Hopefully!!

Original post by Midnurse
Oh no! I was lucky to get an interview last year, but never got offered a place. It's so disheartening, here's hoping this year is the year! :smile:
Reply 19
Aw, yea it really is. How did u find it? Hopefully!!

Nerve wrecking! I found it so difficult to show how passionate I am about career in the nursing profession. I'll be more prepared and I'll be rhyming off the buzzwords to get the scores.

Quick Reply

Latest