The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

jayk_bakner
This is the new logo #5, and Bullyfish will still get the credit for this one.

I'm trying to think of a way to make it more dynamic....

If it was chosen I shouldnt take all the credit... your the one who actually made it afterall!
jayk_bakner
This is the new logo #5, and Bullyfish will still get the credit for this one.

I'm trying to think of a way to make it more dynamic....

That's better... In this one you can clearly see what you're looking at :wink:
:cool:
Reply 82
I like a lot of sci-fi/fantasy stuff, but I'm not sure if it's enough to be considered a geek.... you decide:

Firefly
Serenity
LOTR
Final Fantasy (Played every game)
Farscape
Lost (?) (I'm into all the theories and stuff.... so I guess it's kind of geeky)
Wheel of Time (I hear Robert Jordan has been diagnosed with some illness, and may only have 5 years left. I'm not joking here, so he may not actually finish Wheel of Time...)
Reply 83
wiggles
I like a lot of sci-fi/fantasy stuff, but I'm not sure if it's enough to be considered a geek.... you decide:

Firefly
Serenity
LOTR
Final Fantasy (Played every game)
Farscape
Lost (?) (I'm into all the theories and stuff.... so I guess it's kind of geeky)
Wheel of Time (I hear Robert Jordan has been diagnosed with some illness, and may only have 5 years left. I'm not joking here, so he may not actually finish Wheel of Time...)

You like the same stuff as me, I am a geek, hence that makes you a geek.

Lost is awesome, I should have mentioned it in the first post. As for, Serenity and Firefly, they are just unbelievably good. I just got started on Firefly infact, so if anyone has any links through which I can download episodes, please PM them to me. You shall be rewarded :ninja:

About the logos, it doesn't neccessarily need text in it.
Keep the suggestion rolling in.:yy:
wiggles

How insensitive of him!
*sorry* Shame, the poor guy; that's rough!
yo-less
About the logos, it doesn't neccessarily need text in it.

Although I think the text looks great! :biggrin:
I like the one with the X wing and the dragon in, but I also like the lightsaber one as I'm a massive Star Wars geek!
Is wheel of time worth starting? What I really dont want is to obsessivly read a series of books, and then have to wait for progressive sequals/not even finish it if hes dead.

How many books are there/going to be?
Reply 88
wiggles

He's been diagnosed with amyloidosis (or something like that), but he says he'll battle on and try his damndest to finish the series, plus write a whole note more. He's taking a Lance Armstrong approach.

On another note: that's a decent list of fantasy stuff. The FF games are fantastic :biggrin:. Love 'em :top: :five:.
Reply 89
I know that Final fantasy is anime but what exactly is it about?:redface: It's not a fighting game is it?
I've never played on any final fantasy games before! :frown:
Reply 91
simatemcprimate
I've never played on any final fantasy games before! :frown:

:dito:
:eek:!! How can you of not?!
Reply 93
bullyfish
Is wheel of time worth starting? What I really dont want is to obsessivly read a series of books, and then have to wait for progressive sequals/not even finish it if hes dead.

How many books are there/going to be?

So far there are 11 books, and the one he's writing at the moment is the 12th and final one.

I'm on book 6 at the moment, and it's just as good the second time around :biggrin:

And I'd say that it's definitely worth reading, although each book is about 900 (+/- 100) pages long, and MOST of it is good stuff. There are some parts where Jordan rambles on about useless politics and completely forgot to add to the story (in fact, in the 11th novel, the story barely moves at all...), but it's easy to skip those bits and still enjoy the book!
Demon_AS
He's taking a Lance Armstrong approach.

Good for him!! :king1: A friend of mine recently battled and survived an intense bout of lymphoma (cancer) It was very scary and traumatic, but he won!!! :biggrin:
bullyfish
:eek:!! How can you of not?!

I just never got into it! Quite a few of my mates in my group of mates love final fantasy and when they mention people like Cloud I have no idea who they are talking about!
jayk_bakner
So far there are 11 books, and the one he's writing at the moment is the 12th and final one.

I'm on book 6 at the moment, and it's just as good the second time around :biggrin:

And I'd say that it's definitely worth reading, although each book is about 900 (+/- 100) pages long, and MOST of it is good stuff. There are some parts where Jordan rambles on about useless politics and completely forgot to add to the story (in fact, in the 11th novel, the story barely moves at all...), but it's easy to skip those bits and still enjoy the book!

Sounds good! So what exactly are the books about?
Reply 97
bullyfish
Sounds good! So what exactly are the books about?

Uh...uh...that's really difficult to answer!

Thank god for Wikipedia! :biggrin:

Here's a pretty good 'premise'.

Although I'd only reccomend reading that chunk, if you want to remain spoiler-free.
Wow, sounds quite a complicated premise for a series, although sounds very interesting
jayk_bakner
Uh...uh...that's really difficult to answer!

Thank god for Wikipedia! :biggrin:

Here's a pretty good 'premise'.

Although I'd only reccomend reading that chunk, if you want to remain spoiler-free.

That's a bit weird and quite complicated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending