The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Craghyrax
although I still like Jayk_bakner's #5 better just because it looks 'illustrated' which really brings across that dreamland feel!

Yeah! That's exactly what I was going for :ninja:

I'm still having a poke at that one, because wierdly at certain angles on my screen it looks blotchy...I'll repost it when I've finished.
Craghyrax
although I still like Jayk_bakner's #5 better just because it looks 'illustrated' which really brings across that dreamland feel!

Which one was that; what did it have in it? I can't remember!
Page back to the logo that Jayk_bakner posted. He called it logo #5. You should find it easily :biggrin:
Yeah it's good but it seems a bit crowded plus you can't really see the dragon clearly as it's white!
Yeh.. I guess you're right. I just love the illustrated look! And the text in that one looked great too! :biggrin: Darkangel's latest is also fantastic! :king1:
Reply 125
simatemcprimate
Which one was that; what did it have in it? I can't remember!

This one (see logo5.jpg)! I've finished poking at it!

Also, I've made a brand new one, that came to me in a dream (or something). It's got lightsabres and dragons!

EDIT: Point of interest....we now have more posts on this thread than the TSR DAnce Society! W00p!!!! :biggrin:
I love Logo 6 :biggrin:
Reply 127
Darkened Angel
I love Logo 6 :biggrin:

Thanks! It's actually inspired by one of my dad's old Dungeons and Dragons books that I found lying around - this kind of thing. Very old school, methinks :biggrin:
ooo, D&D, really want to play that sometime...
bullyfish
ooo, D&D, really want to play that sometime...

I reckon that a game of D&D could be made to last for ages!
simatemcprimate
I reckon that you could make a game of D&D last for ages!

Why do you say that? Or was that sarcasm, i'm really bad at noticing these things...
bullyfish
Why do you say that? Or was that sarcasm, i'm really bad at noticing these things...

No i wasn't referring to you or anyone else specifically! I edited my post to make it show my point more clearly
simatemcprimate
No i wasn't referring to you or anyone else specifically! I edited my post to make it show my point more clearly

Ahh, yes, I see now.

I wonder if it's possible to play d&d online... (the classic version, not the WoW Clone)
Reply 133
simatemcprimate
I reckon that a game of D&D could be made to last for ages!

Definitely. The longest one I've ever been in - and DM'd for the last year - went on for well over three years, although there are some games in GEAS (Grand Edinburgh Adventuring Society) that have apparently been going on for 5 or 6 years.

Bullyfish, you should definitely have a shot at D'n'D, or one of it's many offshoots (D20 Modern, Star Wars RPG etc). They're awesome, and if you get a good group together you can actually create a fantastic storyline to rival fantasy novels :biggrin: Most Uni's have an RPG society (except Kings London...bastards :wink: :biggrin:), so when you get there you should see of you can track it down.
jayk_bakner
Definitely. The longest one I've ever been in - and DM'd for the last year - went on for well over three years, although there are some games in GEAS (Grand Edinburgh Adventuring Society) that have apparently been going on for 5 or 6 years.

Bullyfish, you should definitely have a shot at D'n'D, or one of it's many offshoots (D20 Modern, Star Wars RPG etc). They're awesome, and if you get a good group together you can actually create a fantastic storyline to rival fantasy novels :biggrin: Most Uni's have an RPG society (except Kings London...bastards :wink: :biggrin:), so when you get there you should see of you can track it down.

Sounds cool; might get involved in an RPG soc if there is one at Lancaster uni!
jayk_bakner

5 or 6 years..... wow... I always thought it was more dungeon crawling, advancing levels, and taking on powerful enemies, and then ended. I never thought it could last just that long.

I'll probally end up checking out the roleplaying soc at birmingham when i start in september, must be one at such a big uni...
jayk_bakner
Thanks! It's actually inspired by one of my dad's old Dungeons and Dragons books that I found lying around - this kind of thing. Very old school, methinks :biggrin:

Actually Logo 6 does just that! It retains that old authentic feel, but still incorporates both sci fi and fantasy. And its dynamic enough too.:cool:
Lol, ok. Can people STOP submitting logos now, so that we can actually make a decision :wink: Every time we nearly get there somebody comes up with something better! :rolleyes:
Craghyrax
Lol, ok. Can people STOP submitting logos now, so that we can actually make a decision :wink: Every time we nearly get there somebody comes up with something better! :rolleyes:

Yes... probally a good idea!

Well my vote goes to that "#5" by jayk
mine goes to #6 by jayk

Quick Reply

Latest