The Student Room Group

Bodybuilding and Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You seriously thinking you're going to accidentally get so big that your patients fear you?
Reply 21
Original post by bertstare
You seriously thinking you're going to accidentally get so big that your patients fear you?

When did I say that? No I don't know what it is, but my parents keep telling me that I shouldn't get any bigger and stuff, I don't know why
Reply 22
I personally don't think it matters. Doctors come in all shapes and sizes. Provided you're still a good person with decent communication skills, respect for the patient and the relevant knowledge, I don't think people will mind! Be prepared for a great deal of affection from old grannies and the Orthopaedic team attempting to recruit you as one of the 'lads'.

Also, a lot of being a clinical student is getting out of the way of the people you're following around like a desperately loyal puppy and crushing yourself in to join the other 8 people behind a curtain designed really to hold a single relative. Being agile, nimble and able to crush yourself into small spaces is a genuine advantage.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AreebWithaHat
lol

my ears are burning

Original post by dragobath
Maybe so, but I am never going to touch gear/juice/steroids, whatever you want to call it.
Supplements, creatine, that's it for me, natural.
out of curiosity, anybody considered using steroids?

Natural? Creatine is practically a steroid though. :confused:
Original post by dragobath
When did I say that? No I don't know what it is, but my parents keep telling me that I shouldn't get any bigger and stuff, I don't know why

weight/height out of interest?
Original post by alex193
Go for it, I say - another lifting medic here haha. My current role model is one of the anaesthetists I did a course with, dude's massive!

Get on that fitness blog time, mate.
Original post by alex193
Go for it, I say - another lifting medic here haha. My current role model is one of the anaesthetists I did a course with, dude's massive!

Is he anaesthetic?
Reply 28
It's not exactly uncommon for medics to lift... I lift (slowed down last semester though but picking it up again now). And I can't see any reason why it would hinder your competence as a doctor.
Prescribe yourself / other medics steroids :lol:
But no don't do that even though I know you want to :colone: Just pump some iron twice/ more a week and eat clean so your parents don't think your some crazy guy.
Original post by Blueray2
Prescribe yourself / other medics steroids :lol:
But no don't do that even though I know you want to :colone: Just pump some iron twice/ more a week and eat clean so your parents don't think your some crazy guy.

Like music to my ears.

The term steroids is so nasty, go with prescribed TRT :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by TooEasy123
Is he anaesthetic?

Dammit, should totally have seen that one coming. Yeah, he's swole as ****, 6'4", plays american football and is genuinely one of the nicest people I've met, seriously I want to be himno homo

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Get on that fitness blog time, mate.

May do, may do, training more towards fell running at the moment so I could start with pics of my hideously hypertrophied calves :biggrin:
Reply 32
If you run daily.. your thigh muscels and abs will be good.
Original post by Asmith89

awwww **** 5 star post! Thank you for your invaluable input m8
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Asmith89

He runs daily, and his thigh muscles are the ****.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Azagthoa
I don't think it's a good idea. As evidenced in this forum, bodybuilding warps the mind and develops severe body dysmorphia. You can just imagine someone going to a 'bodybuilding' doctor and getting **** like "OMG look at ur traps, DYEL BRAH lol!?". Very bad idea.

I think all doctors should stop treating people who don't lift.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
I think all doctors should stop treating people who don't lift.

I'm not treating any **** unless you can at least pull 3 plates...
Reply 37
sometimes I feel like I should apply for grad medicine just so I have some validity in the fitness blog section
Original post by Amskyr
sometimes I feel like I should apply for grad medicine just so I have some validity in the fitness blog section

Your deadlift is all you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amskyr

what are you doing atm?

Quick Reply

Latest