The Student Room Group

excuse this thread...

.. i would just like to know if i am alone.

i'm not skinny, but i'm not really fat, i'm chubby and my thighs rub together when i sit/walk whatever and this isn't really a problem, as i think enough girls also have this problem. however,ever since i can remember i've noticed that towards the end of a day i have a REALLY wet crotch area which probably goes 3 inches down my crotch, and it's often very warm. now it's not urine... and i can't believe it's just down to perspiration but it can really smell sometimes and i'm (obviously) becoming quite self conscious about it. you can't see it but it's also very irritating not being able to wear trousers or shorts more than once. does anybody else get this and have you any tips?!
What else could it be? It's probably sweat. Especially if the trousers/shorts are quite tight and you're not used to wearing them. Besides, in the UK recently it's been unbelievably hot, and everyone's been sweating buckets. What exactly does it smell of? If it smells of sweat, it's sweat. If it smells of urine, three guesses what it is... and so on.

Does this happen when you wear skirts or whatever too? I'd have thought your legs rubbing together at all would be bad. :confused:
Reply 2
why not wear baggy jeans? i dunno
Reply 3
generalebriety
What else could it be? It's probably sweat. Especially if the trousers/shorts are quite tight and you're not used to wearing them. Besides, in the UK recently it's been unbelievably hot, and everyone's been sweating buckets. What exactly does it smell of? If it smells of sweat, it's sweat. If it smells of urine, three guesses what it is... and so on.

Does this happen when you wear skirts or whatever too? I'd have thought your legs rubbing together at all would be bad. :confused:

i dont know, maybe them rubbing together IS bad, i just thought from my own observations that it was relatively normal. it smells really ODD, not like urine or sweat really. this is quite some mystery.
Anonymous
i dont know, maybe them rubbing together IS bad, i just thought from my own observations that it was relatively normal. it smells really ODD, not like urine or sweat really. this is quite some mystery.

Well, your legs rubbing together is bad, it can cause rashes and burns and so on. Besides, your crotch normally is warm and sweaty and so on. And some people sweat more than others in general, so I wouldn't worry about it - do you shower often? Generally the people that shower the most often get more sweaty, and I don't know if that's something to do with showering often, or just that more sweaty people want to get rid of it more often. But then if you hardly shower at all I can well imagine it might smell. :smile: Same applies for baths I guess although they're not as good as showers, well known etc.
Reply 5
when was the last time you washed you jeans?
cos jeans do start to smell if you dotn wash them for ages and you sweat alot.
Reply 6
I'm not fat either, but legs rub together at the top (most peoples' do?), but I don't get that problem? So it's not necessarily the rubbing. I would have suggested the heat we've had lately but you said it was ever since you could remember :confused: It could just be a funny kind of sweat and that's why it smells so odd? I'm not really sure, I'm not quite sure what an easy solution would be either :confused:
Reply 7
i am constantly washing my clothes as i'm conscious of the smell etc, i do shower a lot but i've always been that way, bit of a hygiene freak which is why this bothers me. i don't get rashes on my thighs or anything, it's not like they are constantly bashing into each other or anything.. just they sit together nicely i guess.
Reply 8
they could wear baggier jeans or a skirt that way if wearing a skirt up there gets lots of fresh air or if you wear baggier jeans they wont be so tight fitting which would mean you shouldnt sweat so much or whatever
Reply 9
as for baggier jeans it just seems to me that more hot air gets trapped and a similar thing occurs? i am just baffled, there seems to be nothing i can do!
Anonymous
i am constantly washing my clothes as i'm conscious of the smell etc, i do shower a lot but i've always been that way, bit of a hygiene freak which is why this bothers me. i don't get rashes on my thighs or anything, it's not like they are constantly bashing into each other or anything.. just they sit together nicely i guess.

Everyone's thighs do. If they were like your calves, people would look very strange. Besides, we probably wouldn't be able to walk. :smile:

I wouldn't worry about it. Sweat around your crotch probably does smell different to sweat around your armpits. :confused: People's crotch areas probably don't smell great as a rule of thumb. If you're worried go to a doctor, but I wouldn't be worried.
Anonymous
as for baggier jeans it just seems to me that more hot air gets trapped and a similar thing occurs?

That's true, and (if you wear skirts at all) the only reason it won't happen with skirts is that sweat gets blown dry by the extra air getting blown around.

There probably is nothing you can do. But it won't be dangerous. :smile:
Reply 12
why dont you speak to your docotr?
this maybe a common problem - ands theyw ill be able to advise / solve the problem?
And that way youl feel a lot more comfortable?
xx
Yeah, I get that too~! Not that much though, not 3 inches! I guess it just is specific to different people, so I don't worry about it unnecessarily, but I do wash my clothes very often as a result... You're not alone!

Latest

Trending

Trending