The Student Room Group

Incontinence and University

Is Incontinence at University a problem?
As I have quite severe urinary incontinence from my health condition
Of course it is... But you'll probably have something in place already that works for you in social situations....
Hey, sorry to hear about your health problems. Is it something that you manage with pads or a catheter? If so no one will know about it and if they do people tend to be a bit more mature about these things at uni. If you're going to need the toilet a lot, the university disability advisor will be able to sort you with a Radar key so you can access the disabled toilets around campus (and I think they work out and about too). It's also best to let your tutors know if you have a health condition that requires you to suddenly leave the room or perhaps turn up late or need days of to go to the hospital. If hospital interrupts your studies you should also be able to get extensions on deadlines providing its all documented.

I have bowel disease and I'm doing pretty well at uni, obviously it would be easier going to uni as someone fully healthy and fit but let's face it a lot of people are smashed off their faces frequently and a train wreck the following day, your excuse is legit.
Reply 3
Not really, i try to shy away from public encounters (Nights out) I want to start to go out though
Reply 4
Original post by Quilverine
Hey, sorry to hear about your health problems. Is it something that you manage with pads or a catheter? If so no one will know about it and if they do people tend to be a bit more mature about these things at uni. If you're going to need the toilet a lot, the university disability advisor will be able to sort you with a Radar key so you can access the disabled toilets around campus (and I think they work out and about too). It's also best to let your tutors know if you have a health condition that requires you to suddenly leave the room or perhaps turn up late or need days of to go to the hospital. If hospital interrupts your studies you should also be able to get extensions on deadlines providing its all documented.

I have bowel disease and I'm doing pretty well at uni, obviously it would be easier going to uni as someone fully healthy and fit but let's face it a lot of people are smashed off their faces frequently and a train wreck the following day, your excuse is legit.

I have sent you a private mail

Quick Reply

Latest