The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Applicants 2014

Wondering if anyone else is applying to TCD, and if so what courses are you applying for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im thinking of applying to TCD but I live in Spain at the minute and need to do some research as to how to do it. I want to apply to Computer Science, which apparently is asking for 450 points (whatever that is in grade terms)

What are you applying for?
Reply 2
Cool :smile: I'm applying for Law, Economics and History, and BESS
Original post by paddey7
Wondering if anyone else is applying to TCD, and if so what courses are you applying for? :smile:

Wondermop
x

Another TCD applicant here! I'm applying for the 5-year Dentistry course. :biggrin: Have you guys started filling in your CAO application?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Awesome :biggrin: not yet. Going to start it soon though wbu?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paddey7
Awesome :biggrin: not yet. Going to start it soon though wbu?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't started yet either, but will do it soon (hopefully by next wednesday)! :smile: I still need to think about it...
Reply 6
Anything your not sure about?
Original post by paddey7
Anything your not sure about?

... Whether I'd enjoy myself there or would be quickly homesick. :s-smilie: I don't know much about that country; have never been there. I don't know if "I would fit in". :erm:
Reply 8
Are you from the UK? personally I'm from NI so its not that far away. Though I know what you mean cause I'm considering LSE but I know nothing about London and it is a bit far away. As for fitting in sure most new students will be having the same thoughts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paddey7
Are you from the UK? personally I'm from NI so its not that far away. Though I know what you mean cause I'm considering LSE but I know nothing about London and it is a bit far away. As for fitting in sure most new students will be having the same thoughts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nice, Northern Ireland must be lovely! :smile:
No, more further down; I'm from France actually! :biggrin: Yeah, we'll all have the same fears and apprehension when moving in, I guess. Still, I really don't know. :erm:
Reply 10
Ah its fine as long as you don't mind the rain:tongue: ah deadly, France is a brilliant place to be from :smile: aye I know what you mean. It is hard to decide but tcd is supposed to be a very good uni and there will be likely be other French people or internationals there if that's what worrying you? everyone is in the same boat so to speak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I'm applying for both TCD and English universities, though my top choice out of both of them is TCD. I am having a few issues with the CAO process though, anyone reckon they can help? I have to send off photocopies of the exam certificates I have already taken, meaning my GCSE and AS level results. I have all my GCSE ones, but in England people don't usually get AS level results as they aren't needed, so you only get an A2 at the end of the two year course. What can I do about this? I have called the uni and they have said its mandatory that I get the certificates, but I'm just not sure how! Please, any tips at all would be so useful!
Reply 12
You don't need to send your As results. Just your GCSE results to prove you have a language at GCSE. You would have to send your A2 results to them though
Reply 13
Hey guys! :smile: I am also applying to TCD, i'm from London, having done the A levels i've just sent off my exam documents to CAO. Has anyone here applied for Sociology with French? :smile:
Reply 14
I applied for History and Political Science! I hate that we have to wait so long to find out though, especially because I have already done my exams :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by matangi_
I applied for History and Political Science! I hate that we have to wait so long to find out though, especially because I have already done my exams :frown:

Aye me too :frown: but that's just the way the system operates just

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by paddey7
Aye me too :frown: but that's just the way the system operates just

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied last year and got in but I didn't accept so I'm hoping I'm lucky again this year :frown: Will you be applying for Trinity Hall?
Reply 17
I applied last year and got in but I didn't accept so I'm hoping I'm lucky again this year :frown: Will you be applying for Trinity Hall?

Ah not good :frown: where you many points off? Yea I will wbu?
Reply 18

Oh sorry. Misread your comment why didn't you accept? :redface:
I'm applying to TCD to do music, I've done my a levels as well so i know how y'all feelhaving to wait so long! I'm not a fan of the CAO system but if it means i can go to Trinity i'm happy

Quick Reply

Latest