The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right then.

So throughout this competition I've gained and lost motivation and found I was more motivated at the end. Good start to the year though, and I shall continue to develop.

Since the start of this contest I have gone up two belts in my martial art and I now have a nice comfortable weights routine. I'm happy with my arms and my stomach. Ive only lost 3 lbs but that's fine by me as I'm looking to build muscle anyway. now my next goals are to develop my thighs and I definitely need to sort out my cardio... (I'm really bad at computers, my 'before' front and back are first and my before side is at the bottom :/)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Ruby_1988
Hello all,

Happy New Year!

Currently:
Height: 5 foot 7.5
Weight: 10 stone 4 pounds

Aiming for:
I'd love to get down to around 9.5 stone (133 pounds) but anything under 10 stone would be lovely! I'm usually around 9 stone 12 so have not been very restrained the last few months. However I'm trying to focus on how my clothes fit/ body looks rather than the scale. I'm also very keen to get back into exercising, because what with moving house and starting a new job, I have not been as active as I'd like.

IMG_2483.jpgIMG_2484.jpgIMG_2490.jpg

Proof of date (in tiny writing on the right hand side)
Screen Shot 2014-01-08 at 20.48.21.jpg

Good luck all :smile:

Hello,

Fantastic transformations everyone- congratulations!

Well although I don't think there's been a massive change with me, there must have been something because the scales say I'm weighing 9 stone 10-11 (so apparently half a stone lost, yay!) and my work trousers are fitting much more comfortably which is a lot more important :smile:. I'm also back at the gym and have gone from nearly dying after spin class to being exhausted but definitely feeling the endorphin buzz and I don't think I've missed a weekly class to date!
Anyway, here are my after photos:
IMG_2997.jpg IMG_2998.jpg IMG_2995.jpg

And my proof of date:
Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 21.43.15.jpg
Wow the last few weeks went fast, I shall take and upload my photos tomorrow. Looking in the mirror I feel a bit disheartened though as after 8 days at my parents last week, which included 3 birthday celebrations, I feel huge and and feel like I look it too!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Cutting has been so slow, first time I'm doing it without having to rely on intense cardio sessions due to my knee so I'm having to rely on my diet more which is never good news. My weight is still pretty similar, I hover around 74-75kg atm, was 77-78kg at the start. Lifts slowly going up. Look a bit better. Have been squatting over the last few months (first time in 2 years) so my legs looked like I actually worked them so I snapped a pic in the gym (exclude it when it comes to judging as I never took a before pick).

Sorry for the poor quality photo's, easiest/only way I know how to do it, recording myself on my iPod and taking print screens :colonhash: Left is now, right is before.
Reply 64
I haven't had a chance to do a final weigh-in etc but here are my photos!
OK looking at the photos side by side I can same much more of a difference than I thought. My stomach is a lot flatter, my quads look better but I can see that I have a lot of back fat to lose! Here are my end pictures -

IMG_0807.JPGIMG_0809.jpgIMG_0819.jpgIMG_0830.jpg

Also before and after for comparison -

transformation comparison.jpg

I shall also weigh myself in the morning and update as I forgot about that!
(edited 10 years ago)
Quarter of an hour to get final photos in guys!!
And that's it!

I'll let you know when we've got results!

Well done everyone!
So we have the winners now!!

:king1: - S
:king2: - Deshi
:king3: - k9markiii

:king1: - coni
:king2: - DecietfulDove
:king3: - Transformation14

Congrats to you guys, you've done amazingly! Please PM me so we can sort out getting you your prizes!

To everyone else want to say a massive well done as well! Just because you're not getting prizes doesn't mean you're not a winner, you were all so amazing and is was a really tough decision! I hope you've all been keeping up with things, and please do keep posting in the fitness forum!

Wonderful entrants

Reply 69
Original post by marinajelly
20140105_101434.jpg20140105_101258.jpg20140105_101245.jpgproof of date.jpg

Weight: 11st 9lb (74kg)
Height: 5'7 (170cm)
Goal Weight: 9st 4lb (59kg)

Of course I don't plan to lose all of this weight in 12 weeks, but it's the start of my weight loss. Main aims are obviously to lose the weight and tone up a bit in the process, and become more fit with exercise. Wow youngest so far!

What's your fitness and diet plan??
Reply 70
Original post by nibbles360
Here's my entry!

Current mass: 53.6kg
Height: 1.54m

SAM_2188.jpgSAM_2193.jpgSAM_2194.jpgSAM_2196.jpg

Hope this will actually motivate me to tone up my body lol
Check out my transformation blog: http://nibbles360-transformation.blogspot.hk/

Your blog doesn't appear. How do I look into it and may I know your diet plan and exercise routines and what work outs you did?
Reply 71
Original post by greeneyedgirl
TSR Transformation Contest Official Entry Thread

Please keep this just for entries and post in the discussion thread for chat

Inspiration:
Before we start, click the spoiler box below and have a look at the incredible 12 week transformations made by the previous winners of TSR's transformation contests:

Spoiler

There is no reason why you can't make changes like the above!

TSR Transformation Contest is BACK.
- It's the New Year, and I'm sure you have a resolution to lose weight, tone up, gain weight, or perhaps build muscle. This competition is the perfect tool to keep you on track with your resolution.
- The best ‘transformations’ for both male and female will be crowned the winners.
- Everyone starts on a level playing field, and with 12 weeks of hard work, dedication and sacrifice ahead; it’s all to play for!
- Big prizes to keep you motivated.

“Why should I enter TSR Transformation Contest?
- It's the New Year - it's a new you!
- A healthy goal to strive towards during the next few months.
- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement.
- Extensive support and advice from the members of TSR’s fitness forum.
- Achieve your desired physique.
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.
- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.
- Win fantastic prizes.
- The competition closes just in time for Easter - put in the hard work now, and reward yourself with a few eggs.

“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”
- Take three photos of yourself, either in underwear or swimwear. A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.
- Post your start pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 1st Jan - 8th Jan
- Post your end pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 19th March - 26th March
- With a whole week for you to post your pictures, there are no excuses that you don’t have time!

Note: If you would like to post an anonymous, please send me a PM. Only use this avenue if you really need too, as its more fun and beneficial to join in and get involved under your username.
By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.

“What are the prizes??”
The awesomely amazing GoNutrition have given us some great prizes:
Male:
1st place: £75 worth of product from GoNutrition
2nd place: £50 worth of product from GoNutrition
3rd place: £25 worth of product from GoNutrition

Female:
1st place: £75 worth of product from GoNutrition.
2nd place: £50 worth of product from GoNutrition
3rd place: £25 worth of product from GoNutrition

Start planning what you want by going to http://gonutrition.com/

The Student Room have also agreed to give the following amounts in vouchers
Male:
1st place: £20 worth of vouchers
2nd place: £10 worth of vouchers
3rd place: £10 worth of vouchers

Female:
1st place: £20 worth of vouchers
2nd place: £10 worth of vouchers
3rd place: £10 worth of vouchers

So all in all those are great prizes worth winning, plus of course the prize of increased fitness and health!

“Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Fitness Mods will shortlist potential winners, and our sponsor/s will then pick the top transformations.
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Moderators will remove all posts discussing steroids.
- Be sure to start your blog!

Helpful links providing support and advice:

Resources and support

List of Entries

Male - 16 Entries

Squirb START |
Mr_Sinister START |
Spawns START
Angry Cucumber START | END
Iwearcapeirl START |
k9markiii START | END
juswaiting4amate START|
getfit23 START |
Deshi START | END
robtring START |
Eater of Pie START |
cpdavis START |
FlyMike START |
wicked_badger START |
S START | END
BCcfc92 START|

Female - 24 Entries

MissDavies START | END
Energy_Purple START | END
onomatopoeia START | END
PinkMobilePhone START |
Care-Free START | END
marinajelly START | END
wonderwoman_ START |
CarbonProduction START |
nibbles360 START |
goodnewseveryone START |
MsFatBooty START |
MissLightyear START |
BamBamPebbles START | END
capturelight START |
2k14 START |
DedicatedDreamer START |
coni START | END
ElCul START | END
getfit2014 START |
DeceitfulDove [URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?
p=45881871&postcount=40"]START
| END
Red_Berry11 START |
Ruby_1988 START | END
Transformation14 START | END
fitforfourteen START | END

Can I enter this? And be anon. I am 17 years. I don't actually wish to put my picts. What shall I do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5
Can I enter this? And be anon. I am 17 years. I don't actually wish to put my picts. What shall I do?

Hey Sena, this finished in March :smile: it is for New years, it runs for 12 weeks starting in January. You would have had to put pictures for them to pick winners :h: Join the next one after Christmas :yy:
As said above, this is now closed.
New thread to be opened shortly for 2015 contest :h:

Latest