The Student Room Group

Mental illness, Doctor, Home, Dad.

Hi,
I am not coping at all, I'm unsure on what to do and I'm terrified.
My dad is horrible to me and plays the 'sympathy card' a lot of the time, and says I am difficult to handle even though he rarely sees me, as I'm in my bedroom most of the time. He leaves me alone most of the time and has even said to my face 'I just can't wait to get away from you, I'm going out.' and he calls me names such as: 'You're a dirty ****.' and cuss words.

I am suffering with severe mental health, and I'm currently taking quetiapine - my dad acts like my mental illness is my fault. My dad also said that he wants me to go to a crisis emergency house or a mental health hospital because he can't look after me and he wants a break from me. I am under the home treatment team and a doctor and my support worker came to my house for a home visit. The doctor asked my dad what he is doing for Christmas and he said he is going to his girlfriend's house for dinner but I'll be back home in the evening, because he has to. He blames me for not being able to look after myself, and that he can't have a life because of me. The doctor then went on to say 'Why come home?'
A little later on in the visit the doctor said to me that my dad can kick me out when I'm 18 and you will be living in the homeless shelter, this left me heart broken.

My dad is leaving me all Christmas, and has chosen his girlfriend over me. I feel like everyone is against me, except my boyfriend. My boyfriend is the only person that understands me, and actually see's my dad for what he is really like. He said when I'm 18 that I can go live with him and his family, which would be a huge move.
I'm not coping at all and every day just gets harder and harder, I was crying earlier and he just walked in and out of my room in less than a minute, he didn't care at all.

I'm really struggling and really need some help. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Porridge510
Hi,
I am not coping at all, I'm unsure on what to do and I'm terrified.
My dad is horrible to me and plays the 'sympathy card' a lot of the time, and says I am difficult to handle even though he rarely sees me, as I'm in my bedroom most of the time. He leaves me alone most of the time and has even said to my face 'I just can't wait to get away from you, I'm going out.' and he calls me names such as: 'You're a dirty ****.' and cuss words.

I am suffering with severe mental health, and I'm currently taking quetiapine - my dad acts like my mental illness is my fault. My dad also said that he wants me to go to a crisis emergency house or a mental health hospital because he can't look after me and he wants a break from me. I am under the home treatment team and a doctor and my support worker came to my house for a home visit. The doctor asked my dad what he is doing for Christmas and he said he is going to his girlfriend's house for dinner but I'll be back home in the evening, because he has to. He blames me for not being able to look after myself, and that he can't have a life because of me. The doctor then went on to say 'Why come home?'
A little later on in the visit the doctor said to me that my dad can kick me out when I'm 18 and you will be living in the homeless shelter, this left me heart broken.

My dad is leaving me all Christmas, and has chosen his girlfriend over me. I feel like everyone is against me, except my boyfriend. My boyfriend is the only person that understands me, and actually see's my dad for what he is really like. He said when I'm 18 that I can go live with him and his family, which would be a huge move.
I'm not coping at all and every day just gets harder and harder, I was crying earlier and he just walked in and out of my room in less than a minute, he didn't care at all.

I'm really struggling and really need some help. :frown:

Right I am a complete novice and since I have never suffered from any mental illness I cannot imagine what you're going through. However, I would advise you to get into touch with any charities that work with those who suffer mental illness.

Quick Reply

Latest