The Student Room Group

Ovarian/Lady trouble.

So since about March, I've had problems with bloating and my periods. I started my periods very young (~10) and for a while this year, I started missing two or three in a row. That cleared up around June or so, but for the past few months, I've had inordinately heavy periods, as well as occasional bleeding between periods, and bleeding from my back passage. I've also noted that I'm passing water and stools more often than I used to.

I've also been extremely bloated, to the point where I really look about 8 months pregnant. I tried cutting out wheat and lactose to see if it helped, to no avail. Even first thing in the morning, it is bloated. I'm slim (5"4 and around 9st11), and my stomach is very prominent, to the point where I don't want to leave the house or wear nice clothes any more. I have a little paunch at the bottom of my stomach, and my lower left abdomen is twingy and I experience pelvic pain. I've also noticed a kind of "fluttering" sensation in my stomach and under my ribcage.

I was just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this, or if any of you guys had any experience of it? I have a doctor's appointment next Friday.
It could be a number of things ranging in severity. You probably should have seen a doctor before now to be honest but I expect the doctor will run blood tests and check a variety of things.
Reply 2
Go to the doctors as soon as you can, it could be nothing too bad, it could be something serious but either way the sooner you go the sooner you'll get it sorted :smile: They probably will do a blood test, my doctor thinks I've got IBS (I had similar symptons to you, very bloated, pain in lower left abdomen) so they're doing blood tests just to rule anything else out, it's nothing to worry about

Quick Reply

Latest