The Student Room Group

Persecution of Christians in the Middle East

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Quite rich coming from the Christian west that has persecuted, killed, tortured and destroyed the lives of millions of Muslims in the past few decades. Not even comparable.

so it is OK to murder women & children ?
Original post by callmemorbid
against his ideology

What's his ideology?
Reply 22
Original post by the bear
so it is OK to murder women & children ?

According to...?

I just made the point the OP only created this topic because it had something to do with Muslims. Otherwise he's not really sincere in actually caring for any persecuted groups.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
What's his ideology?

only muslims should stay alive, if you are muslim you arent accountable for your actions, if you are muslim you are better than those who aren't etc etc
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Quite rich coming from the Christian west that has persecuted, killed, tortured and destroyed the lives of millions of Muslims in the past few decades. Not even comparable.

I think you're mixing up Muslim on Muslim atrocieities with western air strikes.

Amazingly, there's another thread similar to this that blames Islamic terrorism in the UK on our foreign policy.

So what part of Iraqs foreign policy has caused this?
Reply 25
only muslims should stay alive, if you are muslim you arent accountable for your actions, if you are muslim you are better than those who aren't etc etc

A hell of a lot of Muslims think like that. It isn't just the one deranged cultist on here that is stuck in the Dark Ages.

No offence, but I haven't seen him post the first and second points, can you give me some posts where he has?
No offence, but I haven't seen him post the first and second points, can you give me some posts where he has?

theres a thread about whether you would save a good non muslim or a bad muslim, he has in that thread(somewhere in the religion section most likely)
Original post by Boromir
A hell of a lot of Muslims think like that. It isn't just the one deranged cultist on here that is stuck in the Dark Ages.

true, doesnt mean they are right. most of the time (from personal experience) they didnt know of a certain point, and then that makes them rethink their entire system
theres a thread about whether you would save a good non muslim or a bad muslim, he has in that thread(somewhere in the religion section most likely)

Oh yeah I know the thread
Original post by Princess-Zahra
The situation in the Middle East is more complicated than this article alludes too.

Firstly, contrary to Assadist propaganda, Western Orientalism and social prejudice. Not all the rebels are Islamists.

Secondly, the Islamist groups are varied in terms of ideology, affiliation and general discourse. One faction of the Islamist rebels are Al-Qaeda aligned and they display complete hatred to all minorities (the fear is not entirely unfounded).

However, other Islamist factions are not Al-Qaeda aligned and do not have an antagonistic and belligerent attitude towards minorities. A good case in point is what happened in the Christian town of Maloula.

Maloula is an old Christian town with two large churches, including one church which pre-dates both the Vatican and Christianity in Europe. I forget what this church is called, but it's known as the refuge, because during Roman rule of Syria, Christians would hide in the secretly built basement of the Church from Romans who wanted to kill them. It is also one of the few places in the world with Aramaic is spoken (the ancient language of Jesus Christ).

In September, when the Syrian regime thought that the Americans were about to attack, they decided to withdraw their forces from the Christian town. They had hoped that Islamist rebels would enter the town and massacre the residences- so that they could embarrass and dissuade the United States from attacking.

However, this tactic failed, because the Islamist who entered were not the Al-Qaeda aligned group. When they entered they were greeted by the local nuns and they promised the nuns that they would not attack the local population. They claimed that the Christians were their brothers and sisters and that they were only interested in regime soldiers.

The Christian residence ended up helping the rebels. Treating their wounded, feeding them, clothing them and sheltering them. When the regime founded out their tactic had failed, they then surrounded the town and threatened to attack. The Islamist rebels decided to leave the town before any assault and they told the locals they did so to avoid local Christians from being harmed.

So the picture is more complex than that. However, much of the sectarianism, which does exist comes from the regime. Using minorities is how the regime in Syria survives. Some of the hatred for Christians by some of the Sunni Muslim rebels steams from the belief that they are close to the regime and thus complicit. But it has very little to do with actual religious difference.

Keep in mind between 125, 000- 200, 000 people have been killed in Syria, another 2.5 million are refugees and 3 to 4 million are internally displaced. And most of them are Sunni Muslims, thus if we to sectarianise the figures, Sunni Muslims have been the overwhelming victims of the conflict.

This is the most cohesive best post in the entire thread and no one pays attention as all everybody wants is to bash each other or be ignorant.
The state of tsr eh,,:rolleyes:
Reply 31
Original post by Padwas
every religion is persecuted at some point yes its awful but it never lasts .

The jewish, christian and Islamic conflict has been whirring ever since the dawn of islam.
Reply 32
I am Pro-Israel for the welfare of the Middle East.
Reply 33
no i agree with you 110%, its just how blunt it was amused me lol

Oh, lol :biggrin:
Reply 34
What's his ideology?

Islam.
Original post by Boromir
Islam.

No I meant what differences does he have with normal Muslims...
Original post by Boromir
Islam.

im a muslim. yet we differ completely- he has a wahabish outlook

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending