The Student Room Group

A career involving the following combination!

hey!

I wanted to know if there is anything out there that I could do with the combination:

- Providing healthcare, helping people
- travelling around the world
- and being paid enough for food and shelter( or it could be a type of volunteer work as long as living expenses are paid) ?

At the moment I am doing a biomedical sciences degree and wanted to know if there is a career that involves the above?

Thanks
A missionary?
Edit: sorry that sounded flippant. I sort of meant like Doctors Without Borders. I am sure they need clinical support staff?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
You can do this with quite a few healthcare careers, as the poster above me said, there's Medecins Sans Frontiers, the Mercy Ships and a host of other organisations that provide healthcare to people around the world. It all depends on what sort of role you want to do though and getting experience within that job prior to travelling.
Probably the best careers for doing that are doctors or nurses as they're internationally recognised qualifications and usually most wanted uh the organisations that provide healthcare overseas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Happy_Holidays
Probably the best careers for doing that are doctors or nurses as they're internationally recognised qualifications and usually most wanted uh the organisations that provide healthcare overseas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't a lot of the organisations that do disaster relief accept paramedics now? Also, I saw an advert recently for a paramedic role in Bristol or somewhere down there involved in high risk urban rescue stuff. Sounded pretty interesting.
Original post by moonkatt
Don't a lot of the organisations that do disaster relief accept paramedics now? Also, I saw an advert recently for a paramedic role in Bristol or somewhere down there involved in high risk urban rescue stuff. Sounded pretty interesting.

They do but it tends to be more disaster relief than actual going out more long term and drugs issues can be interesting depending on the laws of the country. As for the job in Bristol that was probably the Hazardous Area Response Team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Happy_Holidays
They do but it tends to be more disaster relief than actual going out more long term and drugs issues can be interesting depending on the laws of the country. As for the job in Bristol that was probably the Hazardous Area Response Team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that was the job, I couldn't remember the name of them when I was typing my reply earlier. Sounds like an interesting role.
Original post by rukan

that is also the type of job I want. But could that fall under international development? And what a levels would you need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending