The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plainview
Yeah but John Terry is a Chelsea fan.

Well I have met John Terry and I think he is a pretty nice guy so I am happy he is a fan as well as one of my favourite players at the club.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Super cup, be serious mate, that's just the community shield in Europe. You guys cant compete with the top 8 now tbh lol.

Whatever.

What do you mean by compete? We've beat three of them.

But no, admittedly we can't, we are very much in transition, or ****, depending on what you want to think.
Reply 62
But did you win it back to back tho????

Europa league hasn't existed for that long...
Plus: Chelsea success = money
Vill success = superb youth academy (won the next gen (youth champions league) last year) and philosophy.
Chelsea's success isn't hard to come by, so it's not really anything to brag about. Give any club billions of pounds and they're likely to do well.
Chelsea couldn't do what Villa did and win it on a budget.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Whatever.

What do you mean by compete? We've beat three of them.

But no, admittedly we can't, we are very much in transition, or ****, depending on what you want to think.

Fair play to you, you do have a couple excellent players..
Original post by ninuzu
Europa league hasn't existed for that long...
Plus: Chelsea success = money
Vill success = superb youth academy (won the next gen (youth champions league) last year) and philosophy.
Chelsea's success isn't hard to come by, so it's not really anything to brag about. Give any club billions of pounds and they're likely to do well.
Chelsea couldn't do what Villa did and win it on a budget.

I know about next gen and we have some excellent players in our academy too, we have Eden Hazard's little bro too. Well I agree to some extent but you can't forget that Chelsea have not always been a rich team.
Reply 65
I know about next gen and we have some excellent players in our academy too, we have Eden Hazard's little bro too. Well I agree to some extent but you can't forget that Chelsea have not always been a rich team.

You seem to be missing the point. Yes, Chelsea also have a very good youth system. How did this come about?
£££££££££ is he answer.
Exactly!! Chelsea have not always been rich; and what did they win when they weren't rich? Jack ****.
Original post by Wilfred Little
4th most successful in the country, above Spurs, Chelsea and Everton. You know that big trophy Arsenal have spent the last 16 years trying to win (and failed?) You know, the one Chelsea only managed to win by spending a billion, well we have won it. Bow down and kiss our feet you peasants.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3334763,00.html

Debatable :wink:
Original post by ninuzu
You seem to be missing the point. Yes, Chelsea also have a very good youth system. How did this come about?
£££££££££ is he answer.
Exactly!! Chelsea have not always been rich; and what did they win when they weren't rich? Jack ****.

Are you being serious, we did win things when we weren't rich. And so what if a few investments were made, if you want to be one of the top teams now you need the £$ behind you mate and you know it.
Reply 68
Are you being serious, we did win things when we weren't rich. And so what if a few investments were made, if you want to be one of the top teams now you need the £$ behind you mate and you know it.

I meant in terms of European success - sorry I didn't make that explicitly clear :colondollar:
Agreed. You do need a lot of money behind you now; which is why Villa have had relatively poor recent success. But the reason that came about is due to clubs like Chelsea etc getting this influx in money. The point is, that in the past, on a level playing field with no huge differences in club wealth, Villa did what Chelsea couldn't. That obviously can't happen now.
This is hilarious. I support a team which is 2 leagues below, doesn't play in its home city and yet used to compete with both of these teams 15 years ago. Fans of both teams should get a grip and contextualise what a **** club really is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man Utd and Arsenal don't need sugar daddies-just sensible running of a club backed up by superb off field marketing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Midlander
This is hilarious. I support a team which is 2 leagues below, doesn't play in its home city and yet used to compete with both of these teams 15 years ago. Fans of both teams should get a grip and contextualise what a **** club really is!

Coventry fan?
Original post by ninuzu
I meant in terms of European success - sorry I didn't make that explicitly clear :colondollar:
Agreed. You do need a lot of money behind you now; which is why Villa have had relatively poor recent success. But the reason that came about is due to clubs like Chelsea etc getting this influx in money. The point is, that in the past, on a level playing field with no huge differences in club wealth, Villa did what Chelsea couldn't. That obviously can't happen now.

ninuzu STAAPPPP!
Reply 73
ninuzu STAAPPPP!

Hahaha :tongue:
I think we're all getting slightly carried away :wink:
Original post by ninuzu
Hahaha :tongue:
I think we're all getting slightly carried away :wink:

Hahaha ikr :wink:
Reply 75
Hahaha ikr :wink:

But hey; this is football. Gets my vote as this country's biggest religion :wink:
Reply 76
Original post by Kreme
SoftPunch will be happy to oblige.

Original post by ninuzu
Great!

..... No comment ~.~
Reply 77
Original post by ninuzu
But hey; this is football. Gets my vote as this country's biggest religion :wink:

That's Islam. :begone:
Reply 78
Original post by SoftPunch
..... No comment ~.~

Just showing you his true devious intentions.
Reply 79
Original post by Kreme
That's Islam. :begone:

Haha :rofl:

Original post by Kreme
Just showing you his true devious intentions.

What are you suggesting Aunt Jemima?! o.O