The Student Room Group

Does bullying go on in Private and Grammar schools?

Scroll to see replies

Definitely, I got so much racism between years 7-9 from some 'higher up' white people.
Original post by Blacktingz
I genuinely never thought about it.

always had the image that everyone was posh and even the slightest rule break would lead to exclusion.

Yes. I went to a private school and it happened.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I get bullied at work. :frown:

That sucks. Can you do something about it?
Original post by thunder_chunky
That sucks. Can you do something about it?

Not really, it's my manager than instigates the bullying. :frown:
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Not really, it's my manager than instigates the bullying. :frown:

Is there a manager above him/her?
Reply 45
Nah it's just banter
Original post by Blacktingz
always had the image that everyone was posh and even the slightest rule break would lead to exclusion.

Well I go to a grammar school that you had to pass a test to get into and I can safely say your image of them is complete *******s.
There seems to be a lot of elitism where I am, and there have been many cases of bullying.
A classmate got physically attacked kicked punched etc in a well known boys independent grammar school in Bolton, north west England. Of course bullying takes place. He is black and was racially abused by a boy who is very violent and aggressive. The teachers like him as he is very gifted scared he will kill someone one day as he goes into blind rage from time to time and he will never be expelled unless he stabs someone of course.
OP should read Raul Dalhs short book about his childhood. Its covered perfectly in there and is actually quite a short book of just over 100 pages
Absolutely. I go to a private school and the bullying is terrible - and what's more is that the teachers do nothing about it. There were a group of boys being extremely racist, saying things like "blacks should be euthanised" and making the black people really upset, their parents were coming in and everything, and all they got was a detention. Another girl is also bullying another girl, over social media, assaulted her, turned everyone against her etc to the extent where the girl got the police involved to try and get a restraining, and the school just told the bully to 'deny assaulting her'.
In short, private schools are reluctant to punish/expel bullies because they want your money.
I went to an all girls grammar school for 7 years and can say bullying definitely occurs. Why annoys me is when people saying its "just banter" or all girls are bitchy. Yes, girls are bitchy but consistently verbally harassing someone is bullying and spreading horrendous rumours about people is bullying. Sometimes the school i went to followed up this, other times it was "its just girls being girls" !?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bullying happens everywhere and those who are snobs can be just a vile and disgusting as those who are chavs with the only difference of money

Quick Reply

Latest