The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College, Biomedical Sciences applicants - Oct. 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by twx3101
Thanks! I'm thinking of firming imperial, though it is a bit pricey.

Hope you get into medicine!! Good luck and all the best.

Good choice! Imperial's fabulous. Thank you. I got into medicine in France but not in the UK. :/ So, I'm thinking of re-applying for medicine in the UK next year. :smile: (Actually, I don't know yet ^^ I'm so undecided right now :redface:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by catharticrelease
Congrats and I'm sorry about UCL.

My Stats are:

GCSE: 12A*s and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
A-Level: A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry respectively
AS-Level: 5As in the above and English Literature
BMAT: 7.5, 5.2, 3.5A

omg you are a science beast! wish i had as good stats as you, do you think i have a chance to study biomedicine at imperial?!
GCSE: 2A*,6As, B, C(i hated french..)
AS level- A (95% in biology)
A (95% in psychology)
A (84% in maths)
B (79% in chemistry)
predicted at A2 level- AAAa (as im dropping psychology, and an A* in EPQ)
havent sat BMAT yet obviously but i hope i do ok!
Original post by fayehammond97
omg you are a science beast! wish i had as good stats as you, do you think i have a chance to study biomedicine at imperial?!
GCSE: 2A*,6As, B, C(i hated french..)
AS level- A (95% in biology)
A (95% in psychology)
A (84% in maths)
B (79% in chemistry)
predicted at A2 level- AAAa (as im dropping psychology, and an A* in EPQ)
havent sat BMAT yet obviously but i hope i do ok!

Thank you :colondollar:

I definitely think you do have a chance and your UMS are really good! If you work hard for your BMAT and write a really strong personal statement then I think you will be in a very good position.

What I will say though is that is there any chance of getting your predicted grade for Biology up to an A*? If you got 95% UMS in the AS Level then surely your school/teacher would have grounds to put the grade up to A*? Have you thought about getting your Chemistry remarked as it's only 1% off an A?
Original post by catharticrelease
Thank you :colondollar:

I definitely think you do have a chance and your UMS are really good! If you work hard for your BMAT and write a really strong personal statement then I think you will be in a very good position.

What I will say though is that is there any chance of getting your predicted grade for Biology up to an A*? If you got 95% UMS in the AS Level then surely your school/teacher would have grounds to put the grade up to A*? Have you thought about getting your Chemistry remarked as it's only 1% off an A?

thankyou! i dont know ill talk to her about it i hope i can be! yes I dont really know what to expect for the bmat although i need to start preparing, thanks for the encouragement :biggrin:
I was wondering about statistics for 2014 entry too. Did anyone see them?
Who else is coming to Imperial for Biomed? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending