The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Precious Illusions
'Rise of the fat bird' LOL. I'm in tears, remind me to rep you. I totally agree with you btw, that phrase just made me genuinely laugh out loud.

:rofl:

>Dedicates whole thread to slating the self esteem of a vast amount of women
>Wonders why so many women hate themselves
Reply 61
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Given you made a whole thread earlier dedicated to the rise of the fat bird, and how you thought it was unacceptable and unattractive in all cases, and any fat chick who thought good about themselves was delusional, are you really ****ing surprised it's that low?

Lol,the irony is lost on people who make this type of observation though

Which links in with my theory that being insulting about the appearance of others is a sign of a lack of intelligence
Reply 62
Original post by joebloggs434
I don't agree with you. I'm not saying a guy's looks don't matter, but if you ask women what they find attractive in a man then you'd find that looks are further down the list than a woman's looks are to men.

One can witness this in society a lot - you frequently see ugly/average looking guys with hot girls, but rarely vice versa.

This is because women value a man's status, confidence, personality and demeanour more than his looks.

You say gender roles are reversing. At the core, women are genetically hardwired to be attracted to masculine, alpha males. It doesn't matter how society and the media change, women have not changed biologically and therefore they will always find confident, masculine men more attractive than these modern day metrisexual men that seem to be cropping up everywhere.

You reckon?

I'm telling you that I can have men who are wealthy, confident and own their own businesses approach me on dating sites but if I don't fancy them I'm not interested!

Looks come first for men AND women!

You're contradicting yourself as well as if some women are attracted to masculine men, that means they are attracted to a masculine look, which they are.

Gender presentation and preferences are on a spectrum as well, so women are attracted to a wide range of looks, ranging from the overtly masculine one to the metro-sexual geeky one

I myself prefer the geeky look as it's more likely to be linked with intelligence than the muscle-man look
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Whether you like it or not, 'feminised', metrosexual, 'girly' men are real, and vastly increasing in numbers.

Don't hate us because we're prettier than you :flutter:
and we get laid more.

Besides what's wrong with femininity anyway? You're only think it's degrading for a boy to look like a girl because you think it's degrading to be a girl. :talkhand:

it's fairly obvious to me that pretty men often get with more masculine looking women

it happens with me

I can't work out if the men are closet gay or if they really prefer a more masculine/androgynous look

Do you like very feminine-looking women or less so?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aeon439
Lol,the irony is lost on people who make this type of observation though

Which links in with my theory that being insulting about the appearance of others is a sign of a lack of intelligence

I think you might be on to something there.
Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I'm attractive, sometimes I don't.

I'm not 6ft tall or size 6, I know I have imperfections but I don't think I'm that bad. More average than beautiful, but I don't think that many people are 'beautiful'.
Note, some people I know just know how to do their hair well and take a nice picture, when their faces are actually average. That is not being beautiful; I'd like to see them on a Sunday morning in their pyjamas with no makeup.
Reply 66
Whether you like it or not, 'feminised', metrosexual, 'girly' men are real, and vastly increasing in numbers.

Don't hate us because we're prettier than you :flutter:
and we get laid more.
l

I'm glad there are more feminised beta males in modern society than ever before, as it makes it easier for guys like myself to get women. So keep it up; the fewer alpha males in society, the less competition for me and the more women for me.

Besides what's wrong with femininity
anyway? You're only think it's degrading for a boy to look like

There's nothing wrong with femininity IF YOU'RE A GIRL.

The only men who should be feminine are gay guys.

Are you a girl? Are you a gay man? If not, then stop acting like a girly, feminised chump and start acting like a man.

Men should be masculine, women should be feminine. It's like yin and yang, it's how nature works.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 67

Are you a girl? Are you a gay man? If not, then stop acting like a girly, feminised chump and start acting like a man.

Men should be masculine, women should be feminine. It's like yin and yang, it's how nature works.

Wow you really seem to care a lot how other people live their lives. Big fan of the impotent self-important rant it seems.

Newsflash: other people don't have to dance to your tune, some men prefer to be effeminate, some women prefer effeminate men. You can throw a tantrum and give out orders, but you have no power or authority to change this fact, you just make yourself seem like a baby.

There's nothing in nature that tells us what a man should look like or what a woman should look like or how long either should take getting ready in the morning. Did men not historically use makeup much more than women, or even begin wearing it before women did? Are male peacocks not the ones who flaunt their beautiful feathers in order to attract their female counterparts?

Masculinity and femininity are social constructs so ingrained in people's minds by society that they believe there's no other choice than to adhere to them. (you are one of these people)

I'm confident and comfortable in my own skin but that also means I'm confident and comfortable enough to take time on my appearance without worrying what more insecure men are gonna think of me. And it sure pays off. :giggle:
Reply 69
l

I'm glad there are more feminised beta males in modern society than ever before, as it makes it easier for guys like myself to get women. So keep it up; the fewer alpha males in society, the less competition for me and the more women for me.

Hahahahaha you look real alpha bro :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Ggmu!
Hahahahaha you look real alpha bro :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking that - the definition of 'alpha' seems to vary widely!
l

There's no way you're a natural alpha leader if you have to constantly be reassured by yourself and others in your masculinity, or if you spend so much time focusing on how others present themselves.

And let's be honest mate, I can only get a tiny glimpse of your possible appearance via that tiny picture in the corner, but if you look like that then you have not been, are not, and will not be (any time soon) getting any women to have sex with you.
Reply 72
Women aren't allowed to think they're attractive, that's objectification.
Original post by xDave-
Women aren't allowed to think they're attractive, that's objectification.

Whatever **** I'm fabulous :hand:

*tosses hair back*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by aeon439
You reckon?

I don't 'reckon', I KNOW so.

Original post by aeon439
I'm telling you that I can have men who are wealthy, confident and own their own businesses approach me on dating sites but if I don't fancy them I'm not interested!

Forget about men online. I'm talking about men you actually meet in real life.

The point you're missing is that being wealthy and owing your own business isn't necessarily synonymous with being a confident, masculine guy.

Original post by aeon439
Looks come first for men AND women!

No they don't. An honest, transparent look at the world around you will confirm that men are more attracted to looks than women. Google any survey done about what attracts women.

Original post by aeon439
You're contradicting yourself as well as if some women are attracted to masculine men, that means they are attracted to a masculine look, which they are.

I'm not contradicting myself. When I use the term 'masculine man', I'm not merely referring to his looks, I was also referring to his personality/character traits. Masculine men exude a sense of confidence and charm that is very attractive to women, far beyond what looks alone can do.

Original post by aeon439
I myself prefer the geeky look as it's more likely to be linked with intelligence than the muscle-man look

Again, you have the wrong idea of what I mean when I use the term 'masculine man'. I don't mean muscle-men types.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by aeon439

Men who truly are alpha almost NEVER even use the word.

It's beta to think more beta men is good. An alpha male would welcome more alpha males to prove his superiority and alphaness. Lol.

This whole argument is a little silly. Actions speak louder than words anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
I think I look decent. Not model attractive, but I'm not a gremlin either. Also it depends. On some days I wake up and feel attractive. Other days I'm just like :zomg:

But overall I feel comfortable with myself and I do get attention from guys. There is probably only 1 or 2 things I'd like to change about myself.
Reply 77
I don't 'reckon', I KNOW so.

Forget about men online. I'm talking about men you actually meet in real life.

The point you're missing is that being wealthy and owing your own business isn't necessarily synonymous with being a confident, masculine guy.

No they don't. An honest, transparent look at the world around you will confirm that men are more attracted to looks than women. Google any survey done about what attracts women.

I'm not contradicting myself. When I use the 'masculine man', I'm not merely referring to his looks, I was also referring to his personality/character traits. Masculine men exude a sense of confidence and charm that is very attractive to women, far beyond what looks alone can do.

Again, you have the wrong idea of what I mean when I use the term 'masculine man'. I don't mean muscle-men types.

I'm speaking from my own point of view so it doesn't hold for me

I want sexually attractive looks, just like the men

I don't know about other womens' preferences

I think that as a person with Aspergers I've thrown the 'rule book' as regards male-female relations and preferences out the window as they didn't suit me

Perhaps the average woman does adhere more to this way of thinking?

I have to say I've seen plenty of couples on TV (not celebrities) whereby I've found the man not attractive at all and wondered how the woman has
been able to procreate with him. I don't mean he's even ugly, just completely lacking in sexual attractiveness

Then I have reasoned that it must mean that it was more important to this woman to have a relationship/children than a fanciable partner OR that they do find them attractive and that what it is they see in them just isn't on my radar.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by aeon439

There really isn't any confusion as to the definition of an alpha male:

An alpha male is a man who is masculine, confident, strong, dominant, a leader.

A beta male is a man who is feminime, unconfident, weak, submissive and a follower.

Whether you like it or not, women are genetically hardwired to be attracted to alpha males, whilst being repulsed by beta males.
Reply 79
Original post by Ggmu!
Men who truly are alpha almost NEVER even use the word.

It's beta to think more beta men is good. An alpha male would welcome more alpha males to prove his superiority and alphaness. Lol.

This whole argument is a little silly. Actions speak louder than words anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most alpha males probably wouldn't even be aware of the concept of the alpha male in my opinion as alphas are more about brawn over brain

Latest

Trending

Trending