The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help/Editing

Hi!

So I'm working on writing my first personal statement and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to look over it once I've almost finished?
I've never written a personal statement before and I know that this is going to be a really important part of my application-- I have the marks, but they aren't outstanding, so I really need to wow them with my statement!

I have been told that using headings is effective, so I have come up with the following: Interest & Experience in Global Health, My Skills, Work & Career Goals, Interest in King's.
(I am applying for an MSc Global Heath with Disasters & Adaptation at King's College London)

Any help or advice would be awesome, so let me know if you are willing. Perhaps I could post it on this thread soon.
I can't really help, but just some advice, don't post it online even if someone asks you to, someone else could steal it and send off their application first and you could get done for plagiarism! Good luck though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurarachelle
Hi!

Hi :yy:

Instead of posting your personal statement here (which could lead to someone stealing it and passing it off as their own work), you'd be better off submitting it to the PS Help forum, where someone with relevant expertise will be able to take a look at it and give you feedback.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
20% on you. 80% selling your self.

<3 x
Reply 4
Original post by The Polymath
Hi :yy:

Instead of posting your personal statement here (which could lead to someone stealing it and passing it off as their own work), you'd be better off submitting it to the PS Help forum, where someone with relevant expertise will be able to take a look at it and give you feedback.

Oh ok great, thank you. I didn't know that forum existed!
Reply 5

PS Help generally doesn't look at postgrad statements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Juno
PS Help generally doesn't look at postgrad statements

Oops, sorry :doh:
Reply 7
And apparently the waiting time is about 21 days atm... Yikes
Reply 8
Hi!

So I'm working on writing my first personal statement and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to look over it once I've almost finished?
I've never written a personal statement before and I know that this is going to be a really important part of my application-- I have the marks, but they aren't outstanding, so I really need to wow them with my statement!

I have been told that using headings is effective, so I have come up with the following: Interest & Experience in Global Health, My Skills, Work & Career Goals, Interest in King's.
(I am applying for an MSc Global Heath with Disasters & Adaptation at King's College London)

Any help or advice would be awesome, so let me know if you are willing. Perhaps I could post it on this thread soon.

How did you get into your undergrad degree without a personal statement? Maybe ask someone at your current university to look.
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
How did you get into your undergrad degree without a personal statement? Maybe ask someone at your current university to look.

I am from Canada and it was not a requirement for me.
And, I will, thanks.
I am from Canada and it was not a requirement for me.
And, I will, thanks.

Ah I see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending