The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

International Management - no predicted grades and no GCSE

Soo... Im currently studying an Access Course in Business with Law and I really want to study International Management with American Business studies at the University Of Manchester!

I feel the course is designed for me and the year abroad in America is so appealing!

So coming from Italy I don't have any GCSEs (only Math-B) and I've done my IELTS (8.0) to meet my English Requirement. To meet all the entry criteria I should also get 30 credit at distinction and 15 at merit in my Access Course ( take in consideration that the entry requirements for A Levels student are AAB). No doubt the course is very popular and demanding!

I sent off my application two weeks ago and got offers from Leeds Met and MMU so far. Some of my coursemates got offers from Uni Of Manchester and I know I shouldn't panic and each application is considered individually, but I'm really afraid that by not being able to show how I performed at GCSE level or not having a predicted grade from a tutor my application could lose value...

So far I had three exam and got three distinction. So that's 9 credits. Is it a stupid move to email the university and inform them of my current grades?

I only have one shot and I really want to get in!

Thanks in advance!
Did you have grades from your Italian schooling? If so, you should have put those down on your UCAS form (if not, ring up UCAS and get them added on asap) and they will be fine as a substitute for GCSEs.

Don't worry that you've not received an offer within two weeks - the uni is currently shut down for Christmas and will be until about the 2nd

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Origami Bullets
Did you have grades from your Italian schooling? If so, you should have put those down on your UCAS form (if not, ring up UCAS and get them added on asap) and they will be fine as a substitute for GCSEs.

Don't worry that you've not received an offer within two weeks - the uni is currently shut down for Christmas and will be until about the 2nd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Origami Bullets!

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately in Italy we don't have the equivalent of GCSEs. Our high school last 5 years and finish when we're 19 then we go straight to university, our diploma is equivalent to A levels.. too bad I moved in England when I was 18!
Original post by TennesseeRose
Hi Origami Bullets!

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately in Italy we don't have the equivalent of GCSEs. Our high school last 5 years and finish when we're 19 then we go straight to university, our diploma is equivalent to A levels.. too bad I moved in England when I was 18!

In that case, I dare say that the admissions tutors will know the Italian education system, and will understand why you don't have any Italian qualifications. Truth be told, there's nothing you can do - as the Spanish would say, que sera sera

If you wanted the uni to know your scores so far, then it should be noted that this is relatively unorthodox, but you should ask your tutor to be the one who makes the contact.
Original post by Origami Bullets
In that case, I dare say that the admissions tutors will know the Italian education system, and will understand why you don't have any Italian qualifications. Truth be told, there's nothing you can do - as the Spanish would say, que sera sera

If you wanted the uni to know your scores so far, then it should be noted that this is relatively unorthodox, but you should ask your tutor to be the one who makes the contact.

I just got my offer!!! and 30 minutes earlier I call the admission office to ask if it was worthed to send my current grades by email and he said that I should! but it wasn't necessary apparently :smile:

thank you for you replies!
Original post by TennesseeRose
I just got my offer!!! and 30 minutes earlier I call the admission office to ask if it was worthed to send my current grades by email and he said that I should! but it wasn't necessary apparently :smile:

thank you for you replies!

Congratulations!
Reply 6
Hey!!! I just got my offer too for the same course!!! :smile: congratulazioni!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
congrats guys, just read through this and for some reason it was refreshing to see someone get an offer not based on GCSEs and A-Levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending