The Student Room Group

How will you be spending your Christmas money?

So, now that Christmas Day has been and gone (although there is still plenty of the season left), how are you planning to spend any money you may have received?

I got a £20 Next voucher, £50 Amazon, £15 iTunes and £70 cash.

So far, I've spent £10 on a DVD from Amazon, and £14 for a Costco membership card (parents have always had one, but now that I'm with my partner I miss being able to go, as we can stock up on things).

Obviously iTunes is being spent on music, don't know what yet, and the Next voucher will be spent on something for the flat - maybe new bedding or something.

Amazon cash will no doubt go on Kindle books over the year, and the odd film, and maybe a few little impulse buys knowing me.

:smile:.
Reply 1
if I get into reading more then I'll buy a kindle

might buy a camera

probably will save it though
The recession must be ending then. Some people are receiving Christmas money.
I raided the sales and got a few nice tops and jumpers, and some new boots. Also a new set of saucepans, and a throw for my sofa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Not sure. Didn't receive a huge amount and ant thin of anything I really want.
SodaStream - I'm getting the starter set that comes with a selection of flavours and a gas thing

Although I'm actually mostly paying for it with my wages, didn't get much Xmas money :colondollar:
I got £90 from various family members (I'm hard to buy for.. My uncle gave me £50 by himself!)
With it, I brought a pair a GHDs.
And with the rest of it, it's gone in my bank account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christmas money, what's that?! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made a semi-impulsive ebay buy and got a 1960's record player. The downside being the extra money that will go on records. :colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
So, now that Christmas Day has been and gone (although there is still plenty of the season left), how are you planning to spend any money you may have received?

I got a £20 Next voucher, £50 Amazon, £15 iTunes and £70 cash.

So far, I've spent £10 on a DVD from Amazon, and £14 for a Costco membership card (parents have always had one, but now that I'm with my partner I miss being able to go, as we can stock up on things).

Obviously iTunes is being spent on music, don't know what yet, and the Next voucher will be spent on something for the flat - maybe new bedding or something.

Amazon cash will no doubt go on Kindle books over the year, and the odd film, and maybe a few little impulse buys knowing me.

:smile:.

I didn't get any Xmas money or any gift vouchers. However there will be some gifts that will be sold as I either have something better or it would be unlikely for me to use it.

In previous years I donated the money to some charity, this year won't be too different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am thinking of buying an air-fryer
I bought a printer in the boxing day sales. Pretty pleased with it and it's useful. Also bought some Jack Daniel's and some stuff for brewery after I started a batch with equipment I got as a gift, and realising i had no keg/bottles caps/capper :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest