The Student Room Group

Worried about my Interviews (3d/Computer Animation.)

Hey Guys, first thread by the way :smile:
I'm worried that my art isn't up to university's standards :/
Here is some of my 3d work + one of my best/latest drawings -

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8C8D562D35FFEB93#cid=8C8D562D35FFEB93&id=8C8D562D35FFEB93%21107

Would this be an issue ?

Applied for -
South Wales University - Cardiff
The University of Bradford
University of Hertfordshire
Middlesex University
University of Portsmouth
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hello :smile: I'm worried about mine too! I don't think my work is either simply because we aren't taught this kind of thing so it's tricky to find the time to do 3d work! Your link didn't seem to be working with me :frown:

I've just got A Level Fine Art work, Life Drawings and some character designs but in the next few days I'm hoping to do more 3D and if not in maya maybe even in plasticine!

I've applied to hertfordshire and portsmouth as well :smile: Just thought I'd say, Hertfordshire have quite a focus on 3D at their interviews D: haha
Reply 2
I've been invited to all of my chosen universities :biggrin: Ahhhhh Hertfordshire is my first chose. If you show them some projects you've done from Maya, then they'll def accept you.

They just want to know if you're right for the course. If you like working with any 3d programs, then there's no way they'll decline you.

A lot of universities decline because they might think if you start the course and hate working on 3d programs, then its a waste of time.

I wish you good luck. If you get interviewed and get accepted, let me know :smile: would be nice to know my future class-mates :biggrin:

P.s I've insanely improved on my drawing skills hahaha
Reply 3
I can't view your sky drive, can you put your images somewhere they can seen?

You don't have to have 3D models in your portfolio for Hertfordshire, but it's a major plus for you if you can - the majority of our applicants do have 3D as well as traditional art portfolios, so having some 3D helps you meet all the requirements. It shows that you've tried the thing that you want to study and shows you are serious about the course, and also demonstrates that you're smart enough to try 3D for free before paying £9000 or so to find out if you like it at university. If you have only traditional artskills, but they are very impressive we will ignore a lack of 3D knowledge - we can teach anyone as long as they can draw / have artistic talent and a brain and don't mind a hell of a lot of hard work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest