The Student Room Group

Women in Burkhas distract staff while 6 year old robs jewellery store in Saudi Arabia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Al-farhan
So you are telling me women without burqa or hijab couldn't do this?
As if emphasizing the burqa was the element of distraction.
A thief will always use distraction, and will steal whether in a burqa or in a mini skirt

The burkha wasn't a distraction....how could it be when all women wear it in Saudi? It is normality there.

They distracted yes, but I am not talking about the distraction itself, I'm saying they can't be identified due to the face covering. My thread title is just the same as the article title.
Original post by *Dreaming*
Even though burkhas are typically worn my muslims, nothing is stopping someone using one to conceal themselves and commit a crime. You don't have to be a muslim to use them for this purpose. Hense, they can be used by criminals in order to conceal their identity.

It won't be long before thieves catch on to this idea.
Why would a criminal suddenly obey the law when it comes to their clothing? They will conceal their identity regardless of its legality.
Reply 42
Original post by whyumadtho
Why would a criminal suddenly obey the law when it comes to their clothing? They will conceal their identity regardless of its legality.

If it was illegal they wouldn't be able to wear the clothing in the first place would they....and if they did they wouldn't be allowed into a jewellery shop :confused:
Reply 43
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
If I was dressed as an Orthodox Jew, with my big hat and long beard, while wearing contacts and makeup to disguise my skin tone, there is no way you would be able to get a valid description.

They are not worth comparing, the Jews don't cover up entirely. A white man with a beard a skull-cap isn't the same as a niqab.
Does an orthodox jew cover their face?

A Burkha doesn't cover the face
If it was illegal they wouldn't be able to wear the clothing in the first place would they....
Yes, they would be able to, but it would be illegal. If they are about to commit a theft then they clearly have no concern for the legality of their actions.

and if they did they wouldn't be allowed into a jewellery shop :confused:
In this case they would make use of other ways of disguising their appearance (facial bandages, wigs, etc.) or simply use another method for theft.
Reply 46
Original post by itsmyname
A Burkha doesn't cover the face

When people say Burkha they mean the niqab
When people say Burkha they mean the niqab

No, they don't. Usually the right terminology is used. Maybe you do, but that's your own flaw.
Original post by itsmyname
No, they don't. Usually the right terminology is used. Maybe you do, but that's your own flaw.

the difference is as clear as night and day... :rolleyes:
Original post by fred292
They are not worth comparing, the Jews don't cover up entirely. A white man with a beard a skull-cap isn't the same as a niqab.

Answer me this:

If I put dark foundation all over my face, wore a big black fedora on my head, put on a long black coat, sunglasses, a long fake beard and mustache, and robbed a bank, how would anyone see me? CCTV would not be able to capture an image of my face because of my fedora and the witnesses would never be able to give a description. How would they describe my hair colour? the colour of my eyes? my skin tone? If I walked into the bank the next day to open up an account with the person that I victimised, they wouldn't have a clue!

The prosecution would never be able to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt, that it was me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
The shop's fault not the clothing.

A
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Answer me this:

If I put dark foundation all over my face, wore a big black fedora on my head, put on a long black coat, sunglasses, a long fake beard and mustache, and robbed a bank, how would anyone see me? CCTV would not be able to capture an image of my face because of my fedora and the witnesses would never be able to give a description. How would they describe my hair colour? the colour of my eyes? my skin tone? If I walked into the bank the next day to open up an account with the person that I victimised, they wouldn't have a clue!

The prosecution would never be able to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt, that it was me.

But if you went into a bank, and they asked you to remove your hat and sunglasses that would be fine.

If they asked someone to remove their burka/niqab they could refuse because it's part of their religion
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
But if you went into a bank, and they asked you to remove your hat and sunglasses that would be fine.

If they asked someone to remove their burka/niqab they could refuse because it's part of their religion

What If I tell you that I've just had laser eye surgery? and it is a medical requirement. Wait a second... why would you be asking me anything? I'm robbing the place, give me the money!!!
Reply 53
Original post by Enoxial
How can a Burkha distract the staff??

A lady can rob a store like that even if she was in a swim suit, lets ban that aswell? :rolleyes:

A lady in normal cloths can rob a store, lets ban women from wearing clothing :rolleyes:

Oh wait, if the lady is naked when then she can easily steal, lets ban women altogether??:rolleyes:

This is stupid even for your level.

:yy::yy::yy::yy::yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
I know this is in Saudi Arabia, but surely this just proves they are a massive security risk? How will they get a description of the thieves?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2530033/Six-year-old-girl-robs-Saudi-Arabian-jewellery-store-women-burkhas-distract-staff.html

And on a side note, isn't the punishment for theft having your hand cut off? I hope the child won't have to pay this price....

You can pull similar robberies using a variety of different guises and tactics, most of which involve items that are openly an legally sold to the public. Anything is a potential security risk.
Reply 55
Well firstly, the burkha is a massive security risk.

I have debated that on tsr, still unproved.

Why do you support it?

Doesn't UK support Freedom of Speech? :rolleyes:

It is not even Islamic-

You don't need something to be Islamic to support it!

the qu'ran says nothing about wearing a burkha, instead it gives instruction to dress modestly.

If you had an inch of understanding of Islam you would know that Quran isn't the only thing used to extract Islamic Laws.

But I know you would prefer spreading hate than actually reading into it.

I have been to Arab countries where the majority of the population is muslim and the amount of burkha's I could count on one hand. I have even spoken to women from these countries who say that THEY hate the burkha and would never wear one. I have know some people from Saudi actually, and they have no choice but to wear it whilst in their country but when they visit the UK they don't even wear a headscarf. They say they hate to see burkha's in London, they don't understand it as the women here don't have to wear it and they can only assume they are doing it to be different.

Alot of muslims don't fast, lets ban that aswell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending