The Student Room Group

Muslim Brotherhood set fire to two University buildings in Egypt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25534791

seems like an appropriate way to gain the support of the masses doesn't it? by dumbing them down :rolleyes:

Cant see what they will gain from this.
Original post by Bill_Gates

seems like an appropriate way to gain the support of the masses doesn't it? by dumbing them down :rolleyes:

I think that's EXACTLY what they want. A non educated society = easy to control. Education brings new ideas, and more and more people thinking for themselves, and not just accepting what the gov't says, so yes imo, that IS what they want.
Reply 2
Original post by de_monies
I think that's EXACTLY what they want. A non educated society = easy to control. Education brings new ideas, and more and more people thinking for themselves, and not just accepting what the gov't says, so yes imo, that IS what they want.

i thought that too. Sad really!
Original post by de_monies

Reports say that it was students of the university that were loyal to the MB that set the fire. Who knows what really happened though...
Original post by Bill_Gates

Is this an FYI, or do you have a point or argument to make?
Reply 5
Muslims will be Muslims.
Reply 6
Original post by Extremotroph
Is this an FYI, or do you have a point or argument to make?

This is current affairs. Whats going on in the world?
Doubt the leaders of the MB condone this so meh.
Reply 8
Very reliable source there "claims that MB did it".

Don't you realise that whether they did it or not, this was always going to be the story that comes from the Egyptian Military?
Reply 9
Slightly unrelated but this keeps being mentioned on BBC news 24 and since they keep shortening it to Brotherhood, thus say The Brotherhoods supports, The Brotherhood says etc.

All I can think of when the news reporter was saying it is Kane standing there in front of his followers and yelling "Peace through power!", probably with a fist pump.
Original post by joey11223
Slightly unrelated but this keeps being mentioned on BBC news 24 and since they keep shortening it to Brotherhood, thus say The Brotherhoods supports, The Brotherhood says etc.

All I can think of when the news reporter was saying it is Kane standing there in front of his followers and yelling "Peace through power!", probably with a fist pump.

I noticed that. I thought I was imagining it at first. Isnt it amazing when you think that there has been a meeting somewhere in the news department where the management have taken the decision to do this. It is very telling of the "independent reporting" at the BBC.
I don't even particularly like the MB but if you truly believe they are at fault for the problems in Egypt rather than the psychotic Sisi and his band of crazy secularists then you are blind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Very reliable source there "claims that MB did it".

Don't you realise that whether they did it or not, this was always going to be the story that comes from the Egyptian Military?

Always the same story with you. No matter the source of news, if you disagree with it then it's propaganda. And yet when the Taliban say something you agree with or publish a 'casualty report' you present it as categorical and unequivocal fact.
Reply 13
Interesting as this was a response to the government labelling the Muslim Brotherhood as terrorists - the response from MB? shoot a student and burn down the university..
Muslims will be Muslims? Wtf. I'm half English half egyptian and half my family is Christian and the other is Muslim and it's so annoying when people say things like this. It's just arrogant commenting and being stereotypical when if you actually met a Muslim or took the time to go to a Muslim country you'd see that they're humble and kind. Tbh in every single religion and in every single country you will get bad people doing bad things however the fact that some bad people are Muslims doesn't make the whole entire religion bad. I lived in Egypt and I still go there and tbh I was much happier there than I am in England. THE People were much nicer and the atmosphere and the suroundings were much nicer and Egypt is a Muslim country. I'll tell you this. Binladen. Yes awful man did awful things has a hideous reputation. His niece and nephew went to school with me became two of my best friends. Their mum, binladens sister in law was one of my mums good friends. They were lovely people but because of their last name a lot of people would look down on them. You need to get over yourself and to hell with those stereotypes. Politics in Egypt has been awful but hopefully it's things will settle down again soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending