The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by pandabird
:yep:
Are you getting fed up of this attitude on TSR?

Well, it's rather funny, because the "feminazis" they try so hard to patronise and project their own issues onto have got them well and truly whipped and muttering in dark corners to avoid being noticed and feeling victimised. :lol:

But I am very tired of it. There's no point in bothering with any of them because they're either so threatened they try to ignore you or so set in their bitterness and perceived "edgy" (see: misogynistic) way of thinking I might as well convince a dog to meow for all the point there is to it. It's just a group of insecure little boys with a fear of women and being emasculated, and resentment born of their social ineptitude, who get their jollies acting like asses online.

I'm leaving TSR in the new year because the entire site has gone to ****, really, and it's gone beyond something I can be assed bothering with. It's a shame.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So lately I've been in a pensive mood, and thinking about the deeper things in life. Feminism came to my attention, and then I thought why does it exist? The answer is because there's an imbalance in the lives of men and women in society, but what's the cause?

Then I was talking about sex, and domination came up. Apparently women like to be dominated, like to be controlled. (I'll spare the details). This means they like to be inferior and submissive, enjoy serving men.

It’s so bat-blind obvious from their needs in the bedroom that to let women have any power in any other aspect of her life would be to go against nature and detrimental to society as a whole. Women think they want to be equal because they see men in high positions and it gets them going but I think that they misinterpret this admiration for powerful men as a want to be like them when really all they need is to let the man be in charge just like in the bedroom.

So, inequality will always exist in society between the sexes because females' need to be dominated is so innately strong.

This is incredible. Simply incredible.

Incredibly ill-thought out and basically just wrong. Not every woman likes to be dominated in the bedroom, and certainly they don't outside of the bedroom. I think you might find that people don't enjoy rape (for example). Sorry if this bursts your little misogynistic bubble.
Original post by Another
All I've gathered from this thread so far is that teenage boys have decided that sex is explanation to 100% of human psychology.

Well, can't say I'm surprised...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, don't stereotype. Not all teenage boys are this idiotic. :wink: Though I'm 19 now and technically not a teenager anymore. If you class 19 as an adult, that is. I'll just go... :getmecoat:
Original post by -Neuro-
x

Thank you for providing the most sensible post on the thread. :biggrin:
Original post by Quantum Logic
Firstly, what is your source?
Secondly, why do you think you can extrapolate from sexual behaviour to behaviour as a whole?
Thirdly, why do you feel the need to make a thread based on some women whom you happen to know? Aren't you at sixth form? What would you know about adult women? Are you a psychologist?

By the way, as it seems to matter to you, I am male. I just despise sexism.

1) Mens' health.
2) I don't think I can, it just seems to correlate.
3) Get some constructive feedback on my sociological theory. My sister is a psychologist, not me.

Original post by KatTheFrog
I'm honestly confused. Is this for real? Or just a weird joke?

That'd be telling :tongue:

Original post by pandabird
That actually rings a bell a bit.

I'm sick of this sexism on TSR, why is this thread still open when others are shut down within minutes?

Oh my, it's a theory. When scientists claimed the earth revolved around the sun there was outroar.

In the animal kingdom, why are the males mainly dominant?

Original post by -Neuro-
Read this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/magazine/25desire-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Basically, some researchers argue that the fantasies of submission are ultimately fantasies of being really sexually desirable. They're not fantasies for a strong aggressive man, but for a strong show of desire. In one experiment, straight women were more turned on by a naked woman than a naked man who wasn't aroused-- because the woman's body didn't explicitly show or deny the possibility of arousal, while the man's was clearly unaroused. Women's fantasies of submission are fantasies of extreme arousal in sexual partners. This is why desire for dominance wouldn't transfer into daily life- because it's a sexual desire.
It's important to not to draw direct biological conclusions from this, though- the article is aware of this.

It’s not about that these woman who are into being dominated like being degraded or treated like property in private. It’s just that people, including some of women, only scratch the surface and judge shallowly without actually thinking what’s behind such behaviour. So, to an untrained eye, it might seem degrading but...most of the time it really isn't. Almost the opposite!

Not all women are the same anyway, those stats are dodgy and a lot of women don’t like being dominated in bed. Also, what's your opinion on femdom? :holmes:

Thank you, a good response.

Men may misinterpret their actions in the bedrooms as a sign of wanting to be dominated which just carries out into the real world.

I haven't said it is right anywhere, I just gave a reason as to why it could be present.

Female domination? Well then the man simply feels inferior and likes to be punished, so in real life I'd say she wears the pants.

Although in my opinion, any form of domination with regards to chains/whips is a little weird.

Original post by Another
All I've gathered from this thread so far is that teenage boys have decided that sex is explanation to 100% of human psychology.

Well, can't say I'm surprised...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you gathered wrong, try again.

Original post by StarvingAutist
This is incredible. Simply incredible.

Incredibly ill-thought out and basically just wrong. Not every woman likes to be dominated in the bedroom, and certainly they don't outside of the bedroom. I think you might find that people don't enjoy rape (for example). Sorry if this bursts your little misogynistic bubble.

I didn't say all. Why are you making generalisations too? Some do like to be dominated in real life too, just not to an extent where they can't do as they wish.

I've been stating reasons for why it may exist, I'm not saying it's right that it happens but it's a possible reason.
Reply 105
lool this is still going on Fish

ahah I can't stop laughing
Original post by Robbie242
lool this is still going on Fish

ahah I can't stop laughing

It is a serious matter :yep:

Mango even blocked me!

Spoiler

Original post by IlexBlue
:lol: ITT:

"I'm terrified the nasty feminists will call me out on my BS reasoning and I'll have to try and explain it in a way that doesn't make me look like a misogynistic *******, so I'll make snidey comments and references but duck out of explaining myself further and pretend it's not worth the hassle."

You didn't really prove any of his points wrong though. I mean, I'm not saying what he says is all true but if you're going to make that statement then at least follow up and call him out on his "BS reasoning". That being said, you're worse. You can't reason yourself out of a paper bag. You give feminists a bad name which is a shame really.
Original post by Le Nombre
I think read somewhere that women in high powered careers were more inclined to enjoy full on spanking, whips, chains etc. submission once, so the exact opposiite. Think it may have been Men's Health though, so not sure how serious the research was.

Lets be fair, there also a fair few men who are in the exact same position. That being said I don't think I'd wager the statistics are quite the same
Original post by Messalina
Ugh. What a sexist pile of rubbish. It's Saturday night, go get a life OP

Honestly, I'd like to hear your full opinion. I respect you. I'm not sure I'd say what OP has said is completely true but I think there are elements of truth to it. By and large women seem to be submissive in the bedroom from my experience. Now this doesn't mean it's bad or that they have to be submissive but dominant women do seem to be few and far between. On the other hand, that doesn't mean women shouldn't be allowed equal opportunity to do what they want or should be treated as inferior especially outside of the sexual world.
:lol: ITT:

"I'm terrified the nasty feminists will call me out on my BS reasoning and I'll have to try and explain it in a way that doesn't make me look like a misogynistic *******, so I'll make snidey comments and references but duck out of explaining myself further and pretend it's not worth the hassle."

Missed this one.

I read that as "Damn you're right, and I can't think of any rebuttals so I'll just call your reasoning BS and hope my crew will save me."

And no I don't believe women should be inferior in society as they are otherwise BUT there's a possible reason here.
It is a serious matter :yep:

Mango even blocked me!

Spoiler

Oh :K: Well, this is a bit awkward, I thought you were being serious.
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh :K: Well, this is a bit awkward, I thought you were being serious.

Don't quote this :colone:

Spoiler

x

But I actually agreed with what you said :K: Oh dear, lol.
Original post by Maid Marian
But I actually agreed with what you said :K: Oh dear, lol.

There's some truth in it!

but sexual desires and the mindset vary quite a lot to normal everyday cirumstances.

I argue both sides better than feminists

I'm leaving TSR in the new year because the entire site has gone to ****, really, and it's gone beyond something I can be assed bothering with. It's a shame.

I think that's a bit bleak, this thread has responses from numerous more well established posters who refute the points of the OP. It's mainly just a couple of people who kept it going with what I'm going to come out and say were poor, not very subtle, troll posts. None of them were able to refute the criticisms to the original rant, and isn't it better that the page stays as a testament to the weakness of their arguments?

Don't let the trolls win lex :nope:

I feel guilty that people are genuinely responding :colondollar: I thought they'd know it wasn't serious because it was me but they haven't so... Keeping it real.

:sly: If this is true, you should feel awful for baiting so many users into posting who are now coincidentally banned. :innocent:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I think that's a bit bleak, this thread has responses from numerous more well established posters who refute the points of the OP. It's mainly just a couple of people who kept it going with what I'm going to come out and say were poor, not very subtle, troll posts. None of them were able to refute the criticisms to the original rant, and isn't it better that the page stays as a testament to the weakness of their arguments?

Don't let the trolls win lex :nope:

:sly: If this is true, you should feel awful for baiting so many users into posting who are now coincidentally banned. :innocent:

Worth it imo

maybe I'm heartless for thinking that :innocent:
Original post by Robbie242
Worth it imo

maybe I'm heartless for thinking that :innocent:

This thread has been a mouse trap for trolls, I might start making my own threads like this to flush them out :awesome:
x

Why the **** would I fear the emasculation of women?

I'll give you a tiny bit of my view on women seeing as you so kindly generalised all teenage boys, such a hypcocrite generalizing when you do the same.

Women surgeons lets say, I'd value their work more because they'd have worked harder to get where they are.

Now, if women had equal rights, then whoop de doo, good for them. I'd welcome the challenge of a fair market in terms of employment because when I get the job it'd be more satisfying knowing I earnt it fair and square.

Now the thing I hate, is many of the feminists I see have double standards. They don't want equality, they want more rights than men. They expect men to be chivalrous and do things for them, and when they don't they're not gentleman. So you expect them to conform to roles placed in society when you refuse to do the same.

Now I'm generalizing on feminists, but tbf all I've seen here are the same.

Enjoy your leave from TSR and have a jolly good day :smile:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah

You can't say I didn't refute the criticisms :tongue: I did.

And now she just annoyed me so I posted above :colonhash: not that it's well written , but was annoyed so didn't bother:colone:

Latest