The Student Room Group

help, how do i grow taller any help?

hello everyone!
i was wondering if anyone knows how i could grow taller (female) any teqniques that has worked for anyone?
iam 18 and only 5foot tall and its quite depressing:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
not high heels please, coz i want to grow naturally with no drugs or anything:frown::frown:
thank you very much:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiyubi
hello everyone!
i was wondering if anyone knows how i could grow taller (female) any teqniques that has worked for anyone?
iam 18 and only 5foot tall and its quite depressing:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
not high heels please, coz i want to grow naturally with no drugs or anything:frown::frown:

Ignore anyone saying it wont work and thats it's a placebo, because its not, they are just to lazy to try it themselves.

1) Sleep at least 8 hours a day - growth hormone is produced when you sleep
2) Stretching give this workout and you'll difference in 180 days, even if its slight it's better than nothing :smile:

[video="youtube;0QWPvOMcawI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWPvOMcawI[/video]

Oh and 1 glass of milk everyday. :smile:
Reply 2
You can't mold genetics I'm afraid. Eitherway, short girls are cute.
I'm the same age and height as you, and I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. It's likely you've reached your full height by now, sorry :sadnod:
Reply 4
Original post by Blueray2
Ignore anyone saying it wont work and thats it's a placebo, because its not, they are just to lazy to try it themselves.

1) Sleep at least 8 hours a day - growth hormone is produced when you sleep
2) Stretching give this workout and you'll difference in 180 days, even if its slight it's better than nothing :smile:

[video="youtube;0QWPvOMcawI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWPvOMcawI[/video]

Oh and 1 glass of milk everyday. :smile:

omg thank you so much, yr great! nd also thats exactly what ive been told that i wont grow, and also i want to grow 2inches taller at least am not asking for much:cry:
thanks a lot i will certainly do that:biggrin::biggrin::o:o:redface:
Reply 5
I'm 18 (turning 19) and only just 5ft 1. My sister is turning 16 and is something like 4ft 10, she probably won't even reach 5ft. Why worry about being short? I love my height, I could understand you worrying if you were male.
Reply 6
Original post by 2ndClass
You can't mold genetics I'm afraid. Eitherway, short girls are cute.

thanks, i get the word cute all the tym, but shorty sometimes, thats what depresses me the word shorty:frown:
but thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Maid Marian
I'm the same age and height as you, and I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. It's likely you've reached your full height by now, sorry :sadnod:

:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 8
I think your spinal column fuses at a certain age, over the counter supplements won't do much to change that.
Reply 9
Original post by TNA123
I'm 18 (turning 19) and only just 5ft 1. My sister is turning 16 and is something like 4ft 10, she probably won't even reach 5ft. Why worry about being short? I love my height, I could understand you worrying if you were male.

it feels like a lack of confidence when speaking to taller people:frown::frown:
Original post by kiyubi
:frown::frown::frown:

Sorry :redface: But there's nothing wrong with being short! You'll get used to it and will accept it, like I did :smile:
Reply 11
hmmm thanks:eek:
Original post by kiyubi
omg thank you so much, yr great! nd also thats exactly what ive been told that i wont grow, and also i want to grow 2inches taller at least am not asking for much:cry:
thanks a lot i will certainly do that:biggrin::biggrin::o:o:redface:

You will grow, just give it time :smile: and whatever you do, DO NOT take drugs etc.
Reply 13
I think they're more intended to aid muscular rather than skeletal growth, but either way , she should definitely consult a doctor before going down that route.
Original post by kiyubi
hello everyone!

Sleep with your feet in fertilizer every night.
Reply 15
Original post by Maid Marian
Sorry :redface: But there's nothing wrong with being short! You'll get used to it and will accept it, like I did :smile:

ill try my best to gain the golden two extra inches, thanks for the encouragement tho
Reply 16
Original post by kiyubi
it feels like a lack of confidence when speaking to taller people:frown::frown:

Maybe I'm just confident because my whole family (apart from brother and Uncle) are under the height of 5ft 3. But all my friends are at least 5ft 9 haha You have to accept yourself, there is nothing wrong with being short and if you're confident about it then I guess you get less hassle! I don't let anyone make me feel inferior simply because I'm shorter.
Reply 17
Original post by Blueray2
You will grow, just give it time :smile: and whatever you do, DO NOT take drugs etc.

awh thanks! hopefully, nd no I will never go that route, ill just follow what you said for 160days:rolleyes:thank you blueray youve been a great help:biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by TNA123
Maybe I'm just confident because my whole family (apart from brother and Uncle) are under the height of 5ft 3. But all my friends are at least 5ft 9 haha You have to accept yourself, there is nothing wrong with being short and if you're confident about it then I guess you get less hassle! I don't let anyone make me feel inferior simply because I'm shorter.

ill try my best to grow, coz my environment is full of giants :eek: i wish i was in same environmemt as you:biggrin:
Original post by kiyubi
awh thanks! hopefully, nd no I will never go that route, ill just follow what you said for 160days:rolleyes:thank you blueray youve been a great help:biggrin:

180* :biggrin: Good luck and also if you watch the vid it says not to be disharented if its doesn;t happen after 180 days keep with it, it will happen though.
Boys grow till 21 :smile: Just drive out the negative thoughts, postive thoughts make a huge difference.

I know this is a crazy theory, but why do you see so many rich tall kids, less stress, less worries, more sleep, more growth :tongue:

You can do it!

Oh and don't sleep until 2 hours after you have eaten, insulin counters the growth hormone :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest