The Student Room Group

Proofread Thread

So I'm a pretty neurotic guy and suffer from constantly over thinking, however I'm sure there are some things many of us question about. For example how other people might interpret our actions or words.
So I figured, myself knowing I'm overly deluded with ideas of romance would like clarity on whether what I want to do would come across as romantic, or too much etc.
You might just be wondering how to word something and whether it comes across well, and as intended. There's a fairly good mix of people on here so I'm sure you could get a good set of different takes allowing you to make a better decision if you were indecisive.

So I shall start off, if you've been following my latest posts, here's bullet points.
-met girl through online dating
-great date lots of kissing fun had
-communication sparse and I freak
-she says she'd be up for meeting again in the new year, this was on Xmas eve
-now I'm just constantly waiting for attention (I'm a douche but it's what I'm like sorry)

So now you're up to speed, what I want to know is whether, not demanding but kind of insisting I really want to meet her after midnight on New Years, as it will technically fulfil what she said. So is that cute and romantic, or crazy and intimidating?

Text would read something like "happy new year! Where are you let's have that second date!" Or something along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
She'd just think that you are blitzed out of your mind on alcohol and send a very abrupt and short text back ignoring the question all together. That's if she's not too busy to even notice the text to begin with.
Reply 2
Regardless I would persist that's the point. Call her maybe instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't recommend just springing it on her like that - she may be with friends/family elsewhere, drunk and in no fit state to travel alone in the early hours to see a guy she's only met up with once. Just text her a couple of days after New Year, ask if she had a good time and suggest a second date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
She's going to a party with friends.
I'd go to her of course, would be all movie like and meeeh ****ing Hollywood!
There's no way I could try to see her even just for five minutes? I'm opening at work at 6, I could even meet her there and give her coffee and breakfast ^^ just something, I need interaction! I'm so depressingly dependent on others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
So after much deliberation, I've decided to call her around 1/2am New Years Day, saying something like "happy new year, let's meet up before you go home" or something along those lines. Charming or creepy?
I know she'll be partying and stuff, but all I'm asking for is 5 minutes when she's on her way home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are exactly the kind of person who takes an automatic weapon into a shopping centre, aren't you?
Reply 7
Nah UK can't get ahold of those kinda weapons!
I'm just overly influenced by Hollywood and have this grandiose image of what I should do.
I decided to time it down even more to saying
"Happy New Year, hopefully I'll see you more often" or something along those lines, bit better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending