The Student Room Group

Boyfriend seems reluctant to be "rough" with me?

Scroll to see replies

What. People don't do that?
Doesn't seem realistic , even if it was - just ask him beforehand.
Reply 42
Original post by Minnie21

I would literally drop a guy if he tried that on me.

This is why he won't do it OP
Maybe he finds rough play a turn off, and simply isn't comfortable with it. In which case, don't push the issue.
Original post by Minnie21
Wait, other girls want guy to grab them around the neck?

Not only is that odd, its just plain scary. What possible satisfaction can that give you? The image of a guy choking you in bed is insane.

Sounds psychotic.

I would literally drop a guy if he tried that on me.

The possible satisfaction is that limiting blood-flow from the carotid arteries can increase the feeling of pleasure and in a carnal situation it does as so; that'just for physiological reasons though, psychologically your guess is good as anyone elses.
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
The possible satisfaction is that limiting blood-flow from the carotid arteries can increase the feeling of pleasure and in a carnal situation it does as so; that'just for physiological reasons though, psychologically your guess is good as anyone elses.

From my (limited) experience girls don't actually like their blood flow being limited or anything like that! It's more just the act of being dominated and controlled rather than any scientific reasoning in terms of oxygen etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
You sound like great fun. I'd happily strangle you a bit.
Original post by macromicro
From my (limited) experience girls don't actually like their blood flow being limited or anything like that! It's more just the act of being dominated and controlled rather than any scientific reasoning in terms of oxygen etc.

My girlfriend loves this stuff and I do too, though I can empathise that at the start I was worried about hurting her but you soon get over that when they're enjoying it.

Aye, many do like the psychological aspect but it doesn't negate or make the physiological aspect null, if choking caused pain an immediate response would be to flinch away, sub-consciously or not it has physiological reactions.
Reply 48
Should've bought him Fifty Shades of Grey as a Christmas present, he'd get the hint :sexface:
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Aye, many do like the psychological aspect but it doesn't negate or make the physiological aspect null, if choking caused pain an immediate response would be to flinch away, sub-consciously or not it has physiological reactions.

Sorry what I mean is that I don't think as many girls like to be actually choked or have any pain at all. They just want their neck to be held quite firmly as it invokes feelings of being dominated/controlled. That's just from my very limited experience and from speaking to other girls. I think the pain/choking side is quite extreme and not something I would ever do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
Sorry what I mean is that I don't think as many girls like to be actually choked or have any pain at all. They just want their neck to be held quite firmly as it invokes feelings of being dominated/controlled. That's just from my very limited experience and from speaking to other girls. I think the pain/choking side is quite extreme and not something I would ever do.

That's exactly what I mean! I don't want him to cut off my air supply and choke me. I just want him to hold my neck 'firmly'. It's purely about the domination, I don't want to struggle to breathe or anything. I don't know why so many girls are repulsed by my being turned on by it. I'm not insulting you by saying you're all boring for not even experimenting or being open to trying new things. It's quite annoying reading posts by other girls about how they'd hit their boyfriends if they tried it. I don't care. That's not what the thread is about lol. Go away if you don't have anything helpful to add!
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
That's exactly what I mean! I don't want him to cut off my air supply and choke me. I just want him to hold my neck 'firmly'. It's purely about the domination, I don't want to struggle to breathe or anything. I don't know why so many girls are repulsed by my being turned on by it. I'm not insulting you by saying you're all boring for not even experimenting or being open to trying new things. It's quite annoying reading posts by other girls about how they'd hit their boyfriends if they tried it. I don't care. That's not what the thread is about lol. Go away if you don't have anything helpful to add!

pffft, ignore the naysayers.

I personally have pretty much always had girls ask me to get rough with them to the point now that I'm pretty good at it.

No joke, one girl at halls asked me to tie her up on my bed, put a vibrator in her, gag her and just go about my normal day. Even popped out for a couple hours. I'll admit I thought it was weird but she told me that the feeling of not having control over cumming makes it alot more intense = logical to me. She also said the feeling of her sort of being "my property" made it much more intense. Me and her both knew she wasn't my property, twas all roleplay but jesus did she cum alot.

Same with an FB last year who told me she liked it rough and liked to be controlled. When she was close to cumming she told me to stop, no safe word was used so I kept going. MASSIVE orgasm.

If he doesn't want to its most likely that he cares about you a lot and is worried he might hurt you.

Yet again ignore the naysayers, most of them will be feminist bull****ters or pussies and don't understand the difference between ROLEPLAYING and genuinely degrading/humiliating someone for only their enjoyment.

Grow up people.
Original post by Knighted
pffft, ignore the naysayers.

I personally have pretty much always had girls ask me to get rough with them to the point now that I'm pretty good at it.

No joke, one girl at halls asked me to tie her up on my bed, put a vibrator in her, gag her and just go about my normal day. Even popped out for a couple hours. I'll admit I thought it was weird but she told me that the feeling of not having control over cumming makes it alot more intense = logical to me. She also said the feeling of her sort of being "my property" made it much more intense. Me and her both knew she wasn't my property, twas all roleplay but jesus did she cum alot.

Same with an FB last year who told me she liked it rough and liked to be controlled. When she was close to cumming she told me to stop, no safe word was used so I kept going. MASSIVE orgasm.

If he doesn't want to its most likely that he cares about you a lot and is worried he might hurt you.

Yet again ignore the naysayers, most of them will be feminist bull****ters or pussies and don't understand the difference between ROLEPLAYING and genuinely degrading/humiliating someone for only their enjoyment.

Grow up people.

Regrettably I'm out of rep. A fantastic post though. :thumbsup:

I agree with you on that. If someone was actually trying to asphyxiate their partner it'd be a bit droll, unless you were into that I guess.
Reply 54
Is it really a turn on when you have to ask someone to do it anyway? I'm a girl and like being submissive like most girls, but I only enjoy if it the guys enjoys it, n just doing it for me as then it loses the reason me as then it loses the reason it turns you on
Original post by Holby_fanatic
And if she's into whips and chains and all of that you may as well marry her. :ahee:

Well, I was thinking more a few stern words, rope, nipple clamps etc but you've got the general gist. At the end of the day I'm not sure they're that important. For the right girl I could very happily live without them but they can be a huge turn on and a lot of fun. I like kink in any way really, I've been more on the dominant side of things but given the opportunity I'd be happy to try the other side. What I think I really mean is that I like a girl who already knows she's kinky. Girls I've been talking to of late I've helped them discover their kink so been guiding them into it. Can be a bit tiresome.
Reply 56
Original post by Meme3000
Is it really a turn on when you have to ask someone to do it anyway? I'm a girl and like being submissive like most girls, but I only enjoy if it the guys enjoys it, n just doing it for me as then it loses the reason me as then it loses the reason it turns you on

In a long term relationship things are different. We're very comfortable with one another and communicate what we want to try frequently.
Reply 57
Rough is fun sometimes, but I've felt concerned about hurting someone before (I got over it... but it took a little while).

He's just saying it like it is, maybe you can establish some kind of "safe word" or panic signal that would reassure him that you're fine unless it's said/actioned?
If say it probably feels completely non intuitive to him to do something that might hurt you. He could even feel guilty about it, meaning it doesn't feel erotic. If you have any hope of doing rough stuff in future, you need to ask him what he feels and what you two can do to make those feelings subside. Let him know that you appreciate that it might not be his thing but that you'd really like the chance to give him some insight into why it works for you...and that if he still doesn't like it, it's back to what you both enjoy and that's perfectly fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
In a long term relationship things are different. We're very comfortable with one another and communicate what we want to try frequently.

We'll for me I like to be dominated because the guy enjoys doing it. If you are asking someone , who doesn't find it a turn on , to dominate you, then i don't know how that would turn you on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending