The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Postgraduate Applicants for 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 14wElm
I just got my offer for Mlitt in theology today- conditional on my grades not dropping... I'm really kid of surprised I got an offer because of my marks actually. I haven't done much research on accommodation options or anything, so I guess I should get on that!

That's wonderful! I just found out yesterday that I am definitely coming to St. Andrew's so I just started researching accommodations.. I'm debating the pro's and con's of catered and self-catered. Love cooking for myself, but coming from the US, it'd be a hassle to bring all my kitchen supplies and wonder if it would just be easier to get catered.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
Original post by tjacob2014
That's wonderful! I just found out yesterday that I am definitely coming to St. Andrew's so I just started researching accommodations.. I'm debating the pro's and con's of catered and self-catered. Love cooking for myself, but coming from the US, it'd be a hassle to bring all my kitchen supplies and wonder if it would just be easier to get catered.
<br>
<br>I am wondering the same things. My advisor did his masters at St. Andrews and lived in deans court. He said there was no heating when he was there. It's a shame there isn't more information about the different places. If anyone has any information on housing for graduate students please tell.&nbsp;
Reply 22
Original post by Bob311
<br>
<br>I am wondering the same things. My advisor did his masters at St. Andrews and lived in deans court. He said there was no heating when he was there. It's a shame there isn't more information about the different places. If anyone has any information on housing for graduate students please tell.&nbsp;

According to this Res Hall guide :http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/residential-and-business-services/documents/Resident%20handbook%202013-2014.pdf

on page 10 it says there is heating at Dean's Court.
It also says that there are very specific hours for eating meals for catered (8am-9am for breakfast, etc.). I'm just scared that I will miss meals and it won't be worth the price for catering.
Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have received their offers already. I applied for an MLitt. in Philosophy earlier this month-- quite late, I know. The application tracker states that my application status is "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE." Under the header "Progress" it states "Application received." I have not yet received an email with either a rejection or an offer. I was just wondering whether you guys know if this is protocol-- do they send out all rejections/offers simultaneously? I know it's probably just a matter of patience-- but I can't help speculating a bit. Thanks.
Reply 24
Original post by Entelecheia
Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have received their offers already. I applied for an MLitt. in Philosophy earlier this month-- quite late, I know. The application tracker states that my application status is "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE." Under the header "Progress" it states "Application received." I have not yet received an email with either a rejection or an offer. I was just wondering whether you guys know if this is protocol-- do they send out all rejections/offers simultaneously? I know it's probably just a matter of patience-- but I can't help speculating a bit. Thanks.

I received my offer for the mlitt in philosophy in November after a 5 and a half week wait. Hope that helps.
^ I received my offer for MLitt Phil after a similar length of time. St Andrews took the longest out of all my applications but definitely worth the wait
Thanks guys! Got my offer by email this afternoon. It was just a matter of patience ;-). See you there, perhaps!
Hi all,
I received an offer for MLitt in Marketing in School of Management - anyone else there so far? I am so happy and excited to move to Scotland in September, sea, highlands, very old university... :smile: I am moving from Germany and currently looking for private apartments, the university managed houses will be assigned in June only. I will be in St Andrews for viewing appointments on the weekend of 2nd may, is anyone else of you there? Would be great to meet some fellow students before.
Reply 28
Original post by Juleswitty
Hi all,
I received an offer for MLitt in Marketing in School of Management - anyone else there so far? I am so happy and excited to move to Scotland in September, sea, highlands, very old university... :smile: I am moving from Germany and currently looking for private apartments, the university managed houses will be assigned in June only. I will be in St Andrews for viewing appointments on the weekend of 2nd may, is anyone else of you there? Would be great to meet some fellow students before.

Don't rule out Uni halls. They are pretty good. Son was originally going private but it all fell through at the last minute. He reapplied for uni halls and Got DRA. And that was in July! He loves it there and will stay there if he can
Reply 29
Is anyone else applying for the MSc Applied Statistics and Datamining? Or anything else in Maths and Statistics? I'm still waiting to hear back from them, and it's been 7 weeks since the last of my references went through, so I'm getting a little worried.
Reply 30
Got the conditional offer for Msc Finance and Management and applied for the accommodation in Gannochy and 1 Grogery. I am a Chinese so it`s hard to adapt to british meals everyday so self-catered accom is a must. But i do love the feel of Dean`s Court, it seems has a history over 300 years...
Original post by 14wElm
Just got my offer today for mlitt in theology imagination and arts- I have to admit I was kind of figuring I wouldn't get accepted because of my grades so I'm just now having to figure everything out- whoops!

Out of interest, what do you mean about the grades?

I'm considering applying for Postgrad at St. Andrews to start in 2015, I'd be looking at a Masters in something to do with International Relations but I'm unsure how hard it is to get in. Does one have to have a First? I'm a bit older as I've worked for a bit before my Undergraduate so I'd hope I'd be a bit of a different type of applicant, but just looking for some general information, Thankyou :smile:
Hi,

I'm also studying the MLitt in Mediaeval History in St Andrews!

Original post by MissoLuxe
I know there is an general St Andrews Applicants thread, but I thought I would create one specifically for Postgrads so we don't get lost in the sea of undergrads!

I'm applying for MLitt Medieval History, and would love to chat to anyone applying for a similar course or just anyone in general. :colondollar:
It would also be nice to hear from current postgraduates about their experiences of life at the University, accommodation, and the town.

Quick Reply

Latest