The Student Room Group
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I have done the first part, it was on resistance with filament bulbs. The ISA is fine because you write everything on your notes sheet first that you use in paper 1 of the ISA and it also helps with paper 2. The questions are fairly straight forward, just make sure you know what the dependant/independant variables are in your experiment and know all your key words - e.g different types of errors (zero errors, systematic errors ect) and what they mean.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lottie_
I have done the first part, it was on resistance with filament bulbs. The ISA is fine because you write everything on your notes sheet first that you use in paper 1 of the ISA and it also helps with paper 2. The questions are fairly straight forward, just make sure you know what the dependant/independant variables are in your experiment and know all your key words - e.g different types of errors (zero errors, systematic errors ect) and how they can be resolved :-)

are u doing gcse physics atm den? Any tips towards questions/specific things i should know - I really want to get an A* on it, seeing as my teacher is a really bad teacher and won't tell us anything useful as he only wants us to acheive a pass C grade -.-
Reply 4
Original post by longsightdon
are u doing gcse physics atm den? Any tips towards questions/specific things i should know - I really want to get an A* on it, seeing as my teacher is a really bad teacher and won't tell us anything useful as he only wants us to acheive a pass C grade -.-

as long as you write everything on your notes sheet you'll be fine for it - it doesnt require much skill tbh just learn all your keywords and you'll be fine and explain every part properly
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by longsightdon

It is not permitted to divulge (or ask for) specific details of practical examinations on this forum.
Reply 6
Original post by Lottie_
I have done the first part, it was on resistance with filament bulbs. The ISA is fine because you write everything on your notes sheet first that you use in paper 1 of the ISA and it also helps with paper 2. The questions are fairly straight forward, just make sure you know what the dependant/independant variables are in your experiment and know all your key words - e.g different types of errors (zero errors, systematic errors ect) and what they mean.

I just wanted to ask about section 2 and what that may consist of, will it ask about perhaps the context?!:s-smilie:
Reply 7
I've done it :smile: I got an A* so just ask if you have any problems!
Original post by lou987
I've done it :smile: I got an A* so just ask if you have any problems!

Remember, you are not allowed to divulge details of physics practical exams on this forum.
Read post 6!
And this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=372&a=629
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Have done now. Sorry I didn't realise!
It's been deleted.
Reply 11
Original post by Lottie_

Hi going to be doing the same ISA on resistance with filament bulbs. What did you put as your hypothesis?

Latest

Trending

Trending