The Student Room Group

Nothing Tastes As Good As Being Fit Feels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good luck!
I am always inspired by how many people have a game plan for their goals :smile:

(and always amazed by why I fail at mine)
Reply 21
Original post by Riku
Good luck!
I am always inspired by how many people have a game plan for their goals :smile:

(and always amazed by why I fail at mine)

I have a game plan. Its hoping I stick to it. Sort of why I decided to start this thread, so it motivates me, and I can look back at my progress.
Epic first entry. Glad that you're already starting to feel better about yourself and have a bit more energy! You'll get used to having and working through the soreness, and then eventually you'll just stop getting it altogether.

Here's hoping the occasional treat doesn't become a frequent thing. :wink: Really well done this week!
Awesome!
Reply 24
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Epic first entry. Glad that you're already starting to feel better about yourself and have a bit more energy! You'll get used to having and working through the soreness, and then eventually you'll just stop getting it altogether.

Here's hoping the occasional treat doesn't become a frequent thing. :wink: Really well done this week!

Thanx for the motivational reply.
Reply 25
Height 5'1" Weight 61.7kg, BMI 25.7
Body Fat: 31.2%

History

In June 2013, when I weighed myself I was a shocking 67.2kg. Which meant I gained 9kg since beginning of 2012, landing myself in the overweight category, with a BMI of 28. And I could certainly feel the difference. I didn't have any energy, and I didn't feel sexy anymore, at all. My clothes didn't fit. So it was a nightmare if I needed a dress for an occasion. My old one's didn't fit, and I didn't feel confident enough to buy any new clothes. So winter-time 2012, I was actually buying big jumpers to cover my body. I didn't like to see pictures of myself, but it wasn't enough for me to do anything about it.

The time it did get to me was summer-time 2013. I'd wear summer clothes, then I'd see pictures of myself on facebook, and I just could not believe what I was seeing. I could not believe how much weight I had gained in such a short time. Couldn't believe what I looked like. It was upsetting. I was overweight, and I needed a shocking reality, to kick myself into gear. Man if I don't do something about it, who knows what health state I'll be in a year's time.

So.. I printed out pictures of myself over the years, and made a collage so I could see myself before and now. I actually envied (ETA: maybe envy isn't the word, but I'm sort of upset about how I gained weight and don't have the figure that I used to) the way I looked in 2009, which was a year and a half after I started training in kickboxing.

But now, I've managed to lose 5.5kg since June 2013. And here's to 2014 bringing me back to the fitness I had, when I was 21.

I'm hoping I can get my weight to 58kg or lower, and my Body Fat between 21%-24%. I'm not sure of a timescale for my ideal body fat per cent, but I'm sure I can get to 58kg by March.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Goodluck OP
Reply 27
Week 2 Training Diary

7th Jan I’ve spent most of week 2 writing down what I’m eating and calculating calories, sugar, fat, saturates and salt. So absolutely loads of reading labels. A 45 minute fitness class today, however food wise I’ve done pretty well, no junk and no sugary drinks!

8th Jan
Sinned with my food. Had a pub meal with a fizzy drink (which is my first drink that has not been water since 6th) and then to finish it off I had a cheesecake… Yummy! But I’ll pay for it tomorrow.
Rest day today, so just a leisurely walk into the local town, covered 3 miles! Brought myself some scales, that work both weight and body fat.

So…. Here’s my initial body stat: I’m 5’1”, 61.7kg, making my BMI 25.7, with body fat of 31.2%. Hmmm, my body fat indicates I’m very unfit. So I’m hoping I can get that down to between 21-26%, ideally by April

9th Jan
Ran along to today’s class, so that means I’ve now completed day 3 of week 1 C25K. Was I absolutely knackered. And during my circuit class, oh man, I could really feel yesterday’s pub meal. That should be my motivation to stop eating s***. If I don’t want to die in training, eat healthy.

10th Jan
LBT class today, and this was hard, difficult doing leg exercises, the plank, ab work ok basically nearly everything. But after it I had an hour walk, a nice little cool down

11th Jan
I did it!! I managed to hold the plank for 30 seconds!!! Had a fantastic circuit class, I’m beginning to feel stronger in my exercises. And already in the second week, I can feel the difference in my upper arms and upper legs!
Day 1 of week 2 C25K, and I’m really pleased with how I’m getting on! I’m enjouying running and walking. Although my lower legs have a dull achy pain, so I think I’m going to have a rest day from the gym tomorrow.

Week 2 thoughts:

I know I ended up eating junk on some days, but my most biggest achievement is cutting out juice, sugary drinks and fizzy drinks. I’ve gone very strong with not drinking juice. This week I’ve only had 3 cups of sugary or juice drinks. So a big well done to me. Usually, I literally cannot live without juice, so much so I actually end up feeling ill if I haven’t drank any. But now that water has become my best friend, I’m hoping ditching juice is enough to see the pounds drop.

In addition, I’ve managed to resist chocolate! In the kitchen draw, a 4 pack of Time Out, and it looked so smooth, I could just imagine it touching my lips and tongue, hmm.. heaven. Alongside it sat a 4 pack of toffee crisp. But I said NO!

Quick Reply

Latest