The Student Room Group

Summer Job for money

Hey,
My name is Billy and I live in Leamington Spa. I am in year 11 and am looking for a job in the summer so I can have a little bit of money towards getting a car to take the strain of my Mum who currently has to taxi me around everywhere.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find what I am looking for and I'm getting quite, well, :angry:. I would like a sales assistant summer job in Leamington in place like: New Look, Matalan, H&M etc. I was wondering if anyone had some good websites to find jobs as I currently don't have the time to go out and apply in person???

Replies most appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 1
I used indeed.co.uk when looking for a job. Have you considered supermarkets as well? They are quite flexible and the majority of the workforce are temporary and part-time employees. You need to consider what kind of places get busy over the summer. Restaurants and cafe's are also busy at that time of year.
Original post by billygivens1997
Hey,
My name is Billy and I live in Leamington Spa. I am in year 11 and am looking for a job in the summer so I can have a little bit of money towards getting a car to take the strain of my Mum who currently has to taxi me around everywhere.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find what I am looking for and I'm getting quite, well, :angry:. I would like a sales assistant summer job in Leamington in place like: New Look, Matalan, H&M etc. I was wondering if anyone had some good websites to find jobs as I currently don't have the time to go out and apply in person???

Replies most appreciated :biggrin:

Some places wont take you on until you leave school, so you wouldnt be able to get a job there until the summer. But try emailing your CV to places like cafes, restaurants, shops etc. Some places, such as sainsburys, tesco, asda, mcdonalds require you to apply online nowadays, so thats worth a try.Also try looking at the jobs section on https://www.gov.uk/
Reply 3
Just so you know, Minimum wage for 16 year olds is £3.72
Reply 4
The bowling alley might be hiring? But your best bet would probably be to go into a pub and see if they're looking for a kp - just don't try wetherspoons as they only hire 18+ :smile:
Original post by aims890
The bowling alley might be hiring? But your best bet would probably be to go into a pub and see if they're looking for a kp - just don't try wetherspoons as they only hire 18+ :smile:

No, they hire 16+. I was hired when I was 16, although I'm now 17 and I earn £4.61 an hour. I just don't work behind the bar obviously, because I'm too young to sell alcohol.
Reply 6
Original post by jadoreétudier
No, they hire 16+. I was hired when I was 16, although I'm now 17 and I earn £4.61 an hour. I just don't work behind the bar obviously, because I'm too young to sell alcohol.

Weird, the ones in somerset only hire 18+ :hmmmm:
Original post by aims890
Weird, the ones in somerset only hire 18+ :hmmmm:

http://www.wetherspoonjobs.co.uk/home/faq/staff-5
I'm not sure why that might be. I think that only the busier pubs employ under 18's to go on the floor, not sure about the kitchen though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending