The Student Room Group

Exam rules on watches,can I wear this?

Hello I just got this watch, a breitling b1, for christmas and was wondering if I would be able to wear it in a AQA AS exam.I ask because its one of those analogue/digital combos and the rule states that no electronic devices are allowed.I was planning on using the stop watch function for my history exam.:biggrin:

2013-12-30-14-40-38-1068512173.jpeg
Reply 1
It's a watch. I'm sure you'll be fine. Really it means no phones etc haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Burgessmeister
Hello I just got this watch, a breitling b1, for christmas and was wondering if I would be able to wear it in a AQA AS exam.I ask because its one of those analogue/digital combos and the rule states that no electronic devices are allowed.I was planning on using the stop watch function for my history exam.:biggrin:

2013-12-30-14-40-38-1068512173.jpeg

You got a Breitling?

For Christmas?

What will you get for your birthday? A Patek Phillipe?
Reply 3
I didnt pay for it :tongue: that model is from the year 2000 and my dad gave it to me (he has used it for many years) as my first real watch.

Back to the question though are you sure it means only no phones?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Burgessmeister
I didnt pay for it :tongue: that model is from the year 2000 and my dad gave it to me (he has used it for many years) as my first real watch.

Back to the question though are you sure it means only no phones?

A stop watch is fine.

The regulations basically say that communication devices, and devices which can hold information are not allowed.
Reply 5
You are allowed a watch.
Reply 6
Worst case, ask the invigilator before you go in.
First up that's a f****** nice watch

You are actually encouraged to wear a watch as it assists time keeping

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Great thanks guys im alot more reassured now, just didnt want some person taking my watch from me.if they try to take it ill just tell them to look at the rules :biggrin:
Reply 9
Blatantly just showing off your new watch :rolleyes:
I took a watch into all of my A-level exams, not sure what I would've done without one. You should be fine.
Assuming you don't try to wear this in a non-calculator maths exam you are fine.

Calculatorwatch.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest