The Student Room Group

Are cuddles and sex similar?

Cuddles and sex are both physical forms of affection that you can do with one person. They can be done clothed of naked, they can both make two people feel closer to each other, so aren't cuddles and sex similar?

Scroll to see replies

Not really, the only similarity is that they are both an intimate activity.
Hahahahahahahahhaaha!
Reply 3
Definitely not 'similar' lol.
Reply 4
Lol no.
Reply 5
Cuddling is a sign of affection. Sex is often associated with cuddling. Different things but with logical associations. Why do you pose the question?
You're virgin on ridiculous.
Original post by Zarek
Cuddling is a sign of affection. Sex is often associated with cuddling. Different things but with logical associations. Why do you pose the question?

I can't see how cuddling is associated with sex. I've not had sex, and I view cuddles in the same way most people would view sex.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Cuddles and sex are both physical forms of affection that you can do with one person. They can be done clothed of naked, they can both make two people feel closer to each other, so aren't cuddles and sex similar?

If by 'sex' you mean coitus then no, definitely no :biggrin:
Reply 9
The virgin in this one is high :tongue:

To answer your question, no OP :smile:
Original post by sarcasmrules
If by 'sex' you mean coitus then no, definitely no :biggrin:

Coitus is sex though.
Reply 11
Imagine you had never hugged anyone at all before and you would really like that intimacy with someone you like (not a family member or friend). Maybe it would feel a bit like how a virgin wonders about the intimacy of sex, except without the horniness :P

I would say the best thing about sex is the intimacy, and say you were married to them for years and years, although sex is still about lust too, mainly it is then about intimacy. So in this situation I would say that it's like a very serious hug that means you are very devoted to them, haha!

At other times though, like one night stands or casual sex, it can be about your ego, or just to relieve your sexual tension. Also of course you can hug your family and friends, but the thought of sex with them just doesn't sit right in your mind, unless you belong in game of thrones.

So in answer to your question, sort of, but it's a strange question to ask!
:lolwut:

I'd be a total slut if they were, I've cuddled a lot of people :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I can't see how cuddling is associated with sex. I've not had sex, and I view cuddles in the same way most people would view sex.

I think it is pretty obvious, without the need to spell it out, what additional nuances sex brings to the equation. Find a hot gf and all will become clear..
Yes, Hug as many Women as you can, increase that natural fitness.
Original post by Lucy96
:lolwut:

I'd be a total slut if they were, I've cuddled a lot of people :tongue:

Ew... I couldn't ever do that. I only cuddle one person.
Reply 16
...NO?!?
Really, no. With sex, the intimacy is far greater and more intense, you are not 'relaxed' in the same way as you are with cuddling and you don't get anywhere near the amount of sexual arousal from cuddling as you do from sex, you certainly don't orgasm from a cuddle.

In some situations, cuddling involved more of an emotional/loving closeness. If its a ONS you might not cuddle/kiss and if you did, it wouldn't be as meaningful. Of course, that depends on the person and situation.

No, despite what mummy may have told you, sex really is a bit more than just a "special cuddle"
A guy once told me that him wanting sex from me and me wanting cuddles from him was the same desire, and in a way I think he was right - they're both physically intimate acts that arouse certain feelings within partners. For me the cuddles part is always more important and enjoyable than sex though, weirdly I guess cuddles seem more emotional?
They may be similar in the way that they may produce the same feelings of intimacy

But no, they are not similar for obvious reasons. For one you don't have your penis inside the other person...

Quick Reply

Latest