The Student Room Group

Birmingham City Uni

Hi, has anyone been to an interview for learning disability nursing at Birmingham City University and could tell me how long they last? As I live in Hull and have to book train tickets? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't been for a learning disability placement but I have been for an adult nursing interview. The only question that night be different is 'why specifically do you want to be an adult nurse?' There were around 10 questions related to culture and how I would treat patients that were different from my own beliefs, effective team work?
Higher graded professionals dictating?
Expected from my placements? ie that I know the role in placement as a HCA that is developing skills in the nursing field.

It was a very pleasant interview and the entry tests were fine. You need 9/12 on maths which is all computer based and 11/15 on English :smile:

Hope this helps and good luck.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you, I'm really nervous for my interview. It's helped I know what to prepare for now:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I applied to bcu in november to do adult nursing and still havent heard anything, how long do they take to get back to you normally? Thanks x
Reply 4
It took about a month before I got any offers, don't worry though I'm sure you'll get one:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey I have an interview at BCU for child nursing on the 17th January. Does anyone know which building the interview takes places at and if I need to bring any documents with me? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Take passport or drivers license, a letter addressed to you plus your certificates.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Jonny31
Take passport or drivers license, a letter addressed to you plus your certificates.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Do I have to bring the originals or can I just bring copies? Were the tests similar to those sample tests? And was the interview one to one or group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey i got an email on friday and im also going to the Interviews on the 17th of Jan

Its nice to know someone else thats going to be there :smile:

What time is yours?
Reply 9
Original post by Shae28
Hey i got an email on friday and im also going to the Interviews on the 17th of Jan

Its nice to know someone else thats going to be there :smile:

What time is yours?

Yes finally found someone! Mines at 8.30 what about you? And I never got an email, mine just appeared on track! Would you mind telling me any important details please, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by dippers
Yes finally found someone! Mines at 8.30 what about you? And I never got an email! It just appeared on track, could you tell me what it says on it please, just the important stuff thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by dippers
Yes finally found someone! Mines at 8.30 what about you? And I never got an email, mine just appeared on track! Would you mind telling me any important details please, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im studying Nursing, its a 12:30

and all i know is that you gotta take things like your passport and other documents with you :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Shae28
Im studying Nursing, its a 12:30

and all i know is that you gotta take things like your passport and other documents with you :smile:

I'm studying child nursing! What branch have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by dippers
I'm studying child nursing! What branch have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mental Health :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Shae28
Mental Health :smile:

Good luck! Does it say if the interview is group or individual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
There's both group and individual interviews. I was thinking for the group's one they may mix up the nurses
Reply 16
Original post by Shae28
There's both group and individual interviews. I was thinking for the group's one they may mix up the nurses

That could be a possibility, and also do I have to bring the actual documents as well as photocopies of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I was going to bring the actual documents anyway just in case.

I have a problem with my certificates though because with some of my BTEC ones my school have not gave me the 2nd page with the units on. If I explain this to the uni do you think they will understand? im really worrying because even if the school send of for them I may not have them in time for the interview.
Reply 18
Original post by Shae28
I was going to bring the actual documents anyway just in case.

I have a problem with my certificates though because with some of my BTEC ones my school have not gave me the 2nd page with the units on. If I explain this to the uni do you think they will understand? im really worrying because even if the school send of for them I may not have them in time for the interview.

I think you should be fine, I don't think they will thoroughly check all your certificates. I'm more scared about the documents for the DBS because I don't think I have enough of the correct documents as I don't have a passport so was going to take my birth certificate and a bank statement but that isn't enough..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I think it should be, just take as many as you can id suggest, im going to take my passport, provision driving licence and bank statement. I havnt received a letter from Birmingham saying what they need so I was just going to take what it says to take on my Worcester interview letter.

Quick Reply

Latest