The Student Room Group

How much should I be paid?

How much should I expected to be paid for a Part Time Job in Matalan?

I would appreciate any answers from those who currently have a part time job or work at Matalan :smile: My previous post was unsuccessful.

Many Thanks
Original post by Acrostics
How much should I expected to be paid for a Part Time Job in Matalan?

I would appreciate any answers from those who currently have a part time job or work at Matalan :smile: My previous post was unsuccessful.

Many Thanks

It depends on how many hours you work.
The minimum wage is as follows:
Under 18- £3.72
18-21 years- £5.03
21 and over-£6.31
So you should be paid at least this per hour, depending on how old you are.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
It depends on how many hours you work.
The minimum wage is as follows:
Under 18- £3.72
18-21 years- £5.03
21 and over-£6.31
So you should be paid at least this per hour, depending on how old you are.

What Emma said, is the best answer you're going to get.
Reply 3
But in terms of being more specific to what I should expect as an initial maximum? Does it depend on how attractive a candidate you present to them? I was thinking somewhere around £5.95 - £6.20?

Thanks for your replies by the way :smile:
How old are you?
Reply 5
Original post by EsomR
How old are you?

But in terms of being more specific to what I should expect as an initial maximum? Does it depend on how attractive a candidate you present to them? I was thinking somewhere around £5.95 - £6.20?

Thanks for your replies by the way :smile:

Big companies will usually have a set pay rate that you will start on (then most companies give you a pay rise of on average 5-20p an hour every year or something). Cant say what that rate will be as i dont work for them. You would have to ask them at interview.
Reply 7
Big companies will usually have a set pay rate that you will start on (then most companies give you a pay rise of on average 5-20p an hour every year or something). Cant say what that rate will be as i dont work for them. You would have to ask them at interview.

I have to ask for a rate of pay on the application form though. Don't want to be too expensive an employee you see.
I have to ask for a rate of pay on the application form though. Don't want to be too expensive an employee you see.

Well the minimum wage for 18-21 years is £5.03 and the next minimum wage (for aged 21 and over) is £6.31. Id put something like £5.50-£5.75. Basically because i wouldnt put it too low, but at the same time i wouldnt put it too high and look greedy either.
Reply 9
Well the minimum wage for 18-21 years is £5.03 and the next minimum wage (for aged 21 and over) is £6.31. Id put something like £5.50-£5.75. Basically because i wouldnt put it too low, but at the same time i wouldnt put it too high and look greedy either.

Okay. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending