The Student Room Group

So I went to PC World…..(Islam issue/question)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tania<3
Yeah and everyone's said the same thing - no one really cares what she was wearing

So, what is your point?
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
So, what is your point?

That you seem to just be ignoring everyone's thoughts on the matter
Original post by tania<3
I agree, don't understand what being a lesbian has anything to do with the issue.

Sensing a :troll:

again not answering, well i shouldnt be surprised, you think religions are races. 你是不是同性恋?
Original post by tania<3
That you seem to just be ignoring everyone's thoughts on the matter

what part of devils advocate do you not understand?
again not answering, well i shouldnt be surprised, you think religions are races. 你是不是同性恋?

Nope, never said religions are races. And I'm sorry to burst your little bubble here but I'm not gay - better luck next time <3

As for the devils advocate thing, it would work in a real discussion. Unfortunately this has turned into more of a "lets call people a lesbian/gay if they think I'm a troll" thread.
Reply 84

No I made the presumption that the reason for you disliking this person is because of their race, and you're just using the uniform thing as an excuse for your views.
dude

what is your deal

your thoughts have been discussed to death

without physically asking why we can only speculate

everyone has given valid reasons, besides you
You are clearly ashamed of something.

Erm, she's right though - it's hardly a relevant question?

In regards to the OP, there could be any number of reasons she wasn't in uniform. Work experience, perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I went to a PC world branch today. I could not find theprices for some headphones so I walked to the part that you pay where there was4 staff members (3 sitting 1 standing), as I approached I noticed that one ofthe girls was wearing a headscarf (I could not see the rest of the bodies ofthe sitting people due to the desks in front of them being quite tall).

As I got closer I noticed that unlike ALL of the other staffmembers who were wearing a pink/red PC world shirt, see was just wearing long,baggy dark clothes and fluffy black Ugg like boots. Whilst the other members asI said were wearing pink shirts, black trousers and shoes.

Is it right that this staff member was seemingly allowed tonot abide by the uniform of the store?

As I understand it (feel free to correct me if I am wrong), Muslimwomen are supposed to cover their hair, not wear make-up and not wear tightclothes (to obscure the figure of the body), so I ask this, could the girl notwear a baggy PC World shirt, or even wear the shirt over the top of the clothesshe was wearing therefore the bagginess is still there?

So, TSR people, thoughts? Do you think that this is ok?

So did you get the headphones then?
How are they?
Any recommendations?
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tania<3
Nope, never said religions are races. And I'm sorry to burst your little bubble here but I'm not gay - better luck next time <3

As for the devils advocate thing, it would work in a real discussion. Unfortunately this has turned into more of a "lets call people a lesbian/gay if they think I'm a troll" thread.

Two points.

First, the race / religion thing was a misquote, was meant to be someone else.

Second, who dare you make up wild allegations, at what pointhave I called the user gay? I asked if he/she was or was not gay.

How dare you call black people scum, how dare you, you areracist.
Original post by Dimples_ND
So did you get the headphones then?
How are they?
Any recommendations?
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I recommend the top range of Beats by Dre, also some of theBoss ones.
I didn’t buy any there though, I only went to try them, willbuy online J
Reply 90
as long as the store is ok with it. kinda lacking a hint of professionalism though, walking about in what I'd describe as loungewear.

but each to their own,

we have a Indian guy in our work and hes the only one who doesnt wear smart clothes, its not a problem but I sorta think itd be frowned upon if I did the same, even though neither of us really interact with customers physically that often.

"obscuring body type?" CATFISH CATFISH! lol oj
Original post by LukeM90
as long as the store is ok with it. kinda lacking a hint of professionalism though, walking about in what I'd describe as loungewear.

but each to their own,

we have a Indian guy in our work and hes the only one who doesnt wear smart clothes, its not a problem but I sorta think itd be frowned upon if I did the same, even though neither of us really interact with customers physically that often.

"obscuring body type?" CATFISH CATFISH! lol oj

Why doesn't have wear smart clothes? If you didn't not wear smart clothes, would anything happen?
Reply 92
It's an exemption allowed by the management of the store, based on religious grounds. You can see examples of these entrenched in law; Jewish and Muslim slaughterhouses exempt from legislation designed to lessen animal suffering, Turban-wearing Sikh men allowed to not wear a crash helmet when driving motorcycles. The official list of prohibited items on the London 2012 Summer Olympics venues, while prohibiting all kinds of weapons, explicitly allowed the Kirpan.

If you want to launch a challenge to exemption rules, perhaps those mentioned above might interest you more than the rules of PC World
:tongue:

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 93
Why doesn't have wear smart clothes? If you didn't not wear smart clothes, would anything happen?

I dunno tbh, I'm just use to myself and everyone else being in shirt/trousers or suits lol

then hes there in his denim jeans and white trainers lol, I dunno if its fine or if they just never dare say anything to him lol
It is not against the rules to ask a question, you make wild accusations. A big difference. Even in everyday law, you can be sued for making statements but not questions. How naïve you are.

The questions weren't exactly relevant though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LukeM90
I dunno tbh, I'm just use to myself and everyone else being in shirt/trousers or suits lol

then hes there in his denim jeans and white trainers lol, I dunno if its fine or if they just never dare say anything to him lol

What kind of job is it out of curiosity? Perhaps you should wear the same as him one day and see what happens.
Original post by shadowdweller
The questions weren't exactly relevant though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a big difference between what could be viewed as irrelevant questions and accusations / statements. You (people who make them) can be prosecuted for statements such as that.
There is a big difference between what could be viewed as irrelevant questions and accusations / statements. You (people who make them) can be prosecuted for statements such as that.

I didn't accuse you of anything. I was questioning the relevance of what you'd asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
I didn't accuse you of anything. I was questioning the relevance of what you'd asked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't, the person I was referring to did.
You didn't, the person I was referring to did.

I see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending