The Student Room Group

Working on New Years Eve...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Working today and tomorrow 8-6 :smile: Hoping Ill get one and a quarter, but not sure
Original post by Mel1215
I get paid double from 3pm onwards, but my shift is a 10-6 so I'm only getting 3 hours double :frown:

working until 6 isn't really "working new years eve" you've still got the whole night ahead of you :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by deedee123
working until 6 isn't really "working new years eve" you've still got the whole night ahead of you :tongue:

I know but I'm too tired to from work to actually celebrate haha Kinda kills the day.
Reply 23
Original post by Towerblock.
Is it not worse to be working New Years Day like myself?

Once your shift is done, you can go enjoy yourself...

I am working New Years day too, limited to how much I can enjoy myself lol
Original post by Mel1215
I am working New Years day too, limited to how much I can enjoy myself lol

I haven't bothered with going out tonight. It's not worth it if you're working tomorrow.
Reply 25
Original post by Towerblock.
I haven't bothered with going out tonight. It's not worth it if you're working tomorrow.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll only regret it!
Original post by Mel1215
Anyone else working on New Years Eve? I'd like to know I'm not the only one.... Haha.

This year i've worked on New Year's day, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year's eve and my birthday.
Reply 27
Original post by sr90
This year i've worked on New Year's day, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year's eve and my birthday.

Ouch!!
Reply 28
Original post by sr90

What do you do?!
Reply 29
Nope but I do work on 1st Jan from 10 am to 8 pm, oh joy 10 hour shift :gah: I can't even go out to watch fireworks because I have cold :unimpressed:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest