The Student Room Group

Who else is staying in on NYE ?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not, I live in the middle of nowhere so no way of getting home (and even if I could my nearest town has to be the worst night out anyway haha) :tongue:
Reply 21
I have no friends....
:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I could go out but I decided not to. Going out on NYE tends to be very expensive and way too busy for my liking. I may sound like a miserable old bugger, but that's the truth.

I prefer to spend time at home, get food and have a few drinks myself.

Honestly people, you're not missing out on anything so don't feel down. It's just another day!
Original post by Nader_KSA
True..

It really doesn't seem that great
Reply 24
Just couldn't be bothered going out tbh. Plus it's too cold, I'm even already in bed, I feel like a 90 year old woman :colonhash:
I've stayed in, just chilled on the sofa with Jools Holland on! Didn't wanna pay so much money to go out, doesn't seem worth it.
Staying it because New Year is overrated and not a big deal :rolleyes:

Having said that, I'd only go out if it was with mates/family - not because I'm excited for 2014
11 minutes to go. Who's excited ... :O ?!?!
Reply 28
I'm not excited one bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manic_fuzz
I'm not, I live in the middle of nowhere so no way of getting home (and even if I could my nearest town has to be the worst night out anyway haha) :tongue:

I could use that excuse but tbh I doubt I'd be out even if I lived somewhere decent.

Original post by Precious Illusions
Just couldn't be bothered going out tbh. Plus it's too cold, I'm even already in bed, I feel like a 90 year old woman :colonhash:

Is that because secretly you are? It must take at least 65 years to learn all the smileys like you have :lol:

Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I've stayed in, just chilled on the sofa with Jools Holland on! Didn't wanna pay so much money to go out, doesn't seem worth it.

I swear they put all the prices up by 999999999%. The Taxi's definitely do and you have to wait 3hrs for it.
Original post by curtis871

I swear they put all the prices up by 999999999%. The Taxi's definitely do and you have to wait 3hrs for it.

definitely, £15 to get in to a club that usually costs £3.50! Then drinks will be stupidly priced too.
Reply 31
Original post by curtis871
Is that because secretly you are? It must take at least 65 years to learn all the smileys like you have :lol:

It's true :cry2:
I am! First NYE in for about 6 or so years. So overrated this night is. I am glad to be saving the cash :biggrin:
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn

Good move.It rarely is.
Work tomorrow. No friends in the county. Nothing to do, nowhere to go. Watched a ****ty film with my parents feeling depressed as hell after managing to drag myself through another ****ty work day. Gonna read some more Dostoyevsky if I can manage to concentrate (I only ever get small bursts of concentration) if not just wait for fireworks to STFU then go to bed.
I was supposed to but I've been in bed since about 11 this morning. Being ill is **** ****ers x

They say you're only as old as you feel :wink:
Not out of choice, unfortunately. Same old same old.
Reply 38
Original post by So Instinct
They say you're only as old as you feel :wink:

90 it is then :ashamed2: In other news, my kitty was extremely startled by the fireworks :eek:
90 it is then :ashamed2: In other news, my kitty was extremely startled by the fireworks :eek:

:console: Best looking 90 year old I've ever seen.

Mine is sleeping and the others licking his bollacks.

Quick Reply

Latest