The Student Room Group

Scientific study proves that promiscuous women arel less likely to stay married!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vendettax

If you are marrying in 2014 (stupid to get married nowadays but still), don't marry someone who has already been with other penises.

Dummy, this is NOT scientific evidence but general sampling, can be misleading but according to woman phycology she might have cravings from more sexual partners after marriage if she has a promiscuous past.
Reply 21

If you are marrying in 2014 (stupid to get married nowadays but still), don't marry someone who has already been with other penises.

Are you a dictator?
Reply 22
Original post by snowyowl
Most people with a decent grasp of the English language would understand what I said as "I have not slept around and I have not had lots of penis inside me".

i think you should draw us a Venn diagram to make it clear to us
i never was prommy with anyone except for my bf, and we are engaged now. he was married before he met me but she died etc

before i met him i never got in bed etc even when bfs tried to force me, i ran and never looked back.
Reply 24
Original post by ania_dancer
i never was prommy with anyone except for my bf, and we are engaged now. he was married before he met me but she died etc

before i met him i never got in bed etc even when bfs tried to force me, i ran and never looked back.

You're only 18 though.
You're only 18 though.

Again FYI. Im going to move this to society
You're only 18 though.

yes :s-smilie:
Can't really draw that conclusion from the graph. At best, it implies it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Lol no **** sherlock

Sloots gonna sloot
Original post by bertstare
Lol no **** sherlock

Sloots gonna sloot

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
edit: completely misread the chart.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
"Base: all women over 30 at the time of the interview who are sexually active"

Wait, so all the figures for zero could stand for people who've had sex, but never been in a relationship before?

How does your number of past partners relate to promiscuity?

All it's pretty bad evidence...
Reply 32
Also more likely to cheat, as another study showed. But this applied to both men and women, rather than just women.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Also more likely to cheat, as another study showed. But this applied to both men and women, rather than just women.

Well, this study doesn't really show a great deal. But would be interesting to see the one you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
well i would imagine promiscuous women take longer to want to settle down or find it harder to find someone to settle down with (hence the promiscuity) and therefore marry later so had not yet been married for 5 years.
Reply 35
Original post by shadowdweller
Well, this study doesn't really show a great deal. But would be interesting to see the one you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here you go;

Abstract

Social scientists have long been interested in how cultural and structural characteristics shape individuals’ actions. We investigate this relationship by examining how macro- and micro-level religious effects shape individuals’ reports of premarital and extramarital sex. We look at how identifying with one of the major world religions—Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, or Judaism—and living in a nation with a Muslim culture shape the likelihood of sex outside of marriage. Using hierarchical modeling techniques and cross-national data from the Demographic and Health Surveys, we find that ever married Hindus and Muslims are less likely to report having had premarital sex than are ever married Jews and Christians, and an earlier age at marriage does not appear to explain the relationship. Married Muslims are also less likely than affiliates of all other religions, except Buddhists, to report extramarital sex. The percentage Muslim within a nation decreases the odds of reports of premarital sex and this relationship is not explained by restrictions on women’s mobility. These findings contribute to research on religion, culture, policy, and health, as well as our understanding of the macro-micro relationship.

Religion and Sexual Behaviors

Well, correction then, since the study looks for religious affiliation rather than anything generic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Here you go;

Well, correction then, since the study looks for religious affiliation rather than anything generic.

Much appreciated :hat2:

I'll have a read of the full text.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Correlation does not imply causation.
I do't need science to tell me that :tongue:
So basically a study worked out that people, in this case women, who slept around are less likely to stay with a bloke?

Well holy ****ing ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending